4820 calories?

nehnee
nehnee Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I just signed up and, whilst I can appreciate that I work out 4 times a week for 45 minutes at a time, I think almost 5000 calories a day is pushing it!

Why would myfitnesspal recommend I eat 4820 calories to lose weight?!

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    you have about 15lbs to lose? I doubt that # is right. Double check that you entered your height weight and activity levels correctly
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Are you sure you entered your weight and height and activity level in right? That's odd.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    you have about 15lbs to lose? I doubt that # is right. Double check that you entered your height weight and activity levels correctly

oops double post:flowerforyou:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    check and ensure you put your weight and height in correctly.

Also ensure you put that you wanted to loose weight and not gain weight
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    If you put that you're very active on top of adding in your workouts then that would explain why. If you don't have a labor intensive job, I'd put lightly active or if you have a desk job sedentary. That should drop your daily calories.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Yeah that sounds like a boo boo
  • Sounds like you put in some info wrong ..
  • nehnee
    I checked everything.

Female, 5'8", 69kg with my goal weight being 63kg and a lightly active lifestyle. I workout 4x a week for 45 minutes at a time.

I just put it all in again, and got 4430cals this time!!!

Haha.
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Yikes!! I wish that was the case for me!! ..............not so much. :-( Good luck correcting the "boo boo" as akarns called it! :laugh:
  • nehnee
    Apparently my BMI is 5.4 and I should weigh 541lbs....

...I'm guessing there's a glitch somewhere!!
  • ryoung25
    ryoung25 Posts: 5
    You just listed your problem.
    You listed your weight at 69kg (metric system), but you listed your height as 5'8" (which is US height). You need to convert your height to meters and centimeters and then re-enter it. Or convert your weght to US weight. This should fix the problem.
  • Firefrog76
    Firefrog76 Posts: 45
    Are the units of measure correct? kg rather than lb? Your BMI is what's throwing me off... could be the KG doing it when coupled with inches for measuring your height?
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Omg.... Wow! Hahaha. Try coming back later. Probably is a glitch.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    I'm betting that it's in the entering of English units for height and metric for weight. I'm pretty sure it needs to be one or the other. That's probably what's confusing the program. Good luck getting it figured out! If you continue to have problems, send Mike (the creator/moderator/tech support guy) a PM. He's GREAT about solving problems!
  • Bratkins
    Bratkins Posts: 47
    Strange glitch! I would almost put in that you don't exercise at all. When you enter your exercise every day, you will add calories then.
  • nehnee
    It was the height weight thing. Duh!! I'm dumb.

So, now I should eat 2540 cals a day and my BMI is 23.1

Bit more normal!!

Thanks everyone.
  • BlackBeltLife
    BlackBeltLife Posts: 180
    Yeah I was wondering if you were eight feet tall :) Those numbers make more sense
This discussion has been closed.