Garcinia Cambogia

Options
Gambooge extracts are an ingredient in some herbal weight loss, appetite suppressant and energy products. [4] A meta-analysis found a possible short-term small effect (under 1 kilogram), but also adverse effects that led to one preparation being withdrawn from the market.[5][6]

A 1998 randomized controlled trial looked at the effects of garcinia as a potential “antiobesity agent” in 135 people. The conclusion from this trial was that the pills were no better than placebo for weight and fat loss.

Anyone have any experience with this stuff, I'm trying Garcinia Cambocia with 60% HCA

Replies

• cdgabbert
    cdgabbert Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You copied it yourself the answer to this:

The conclusion from this trial was that the pills were no better than placebo for weight and fat loss.

The best thing you can do is eat clean / healthy and exercise!! Learn good habits... eat every 3 - 3 hours small meals to keep metabolism going....

There's no shortcuts really!!! If there were we wouldn't all be here!!!
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    I didn't think so- I was just curious if anyone had tried it and hated it, or loved it. Personal experience holds more info than wikipedia in my opinion :D
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Most of the personal success stories with bogus diet scams like this go along the lines of "I started taking 'xxx' along with cutting back on calories and exercising and OMGZZZZ the pounds fell right off!".

The "cutting back on calories and exercising" part was what worked - not the expensive and ineffective junk taken along with it.
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    *throws bottle in toilet* Back to just my regular multivitamin!