Afraid of the weekends!!

Today is Friday, and while I say "yeah," I am also dreading the weekend. It is so easy to stay focused and disciplined during the week. I prepare my food at home and take it with me to work, no sweat. I get home and change into workout clothes and exercise before thinking about what to do for dinner. Not so during the weekends. There is too much free time and cravings and chaos abound.

What do you do to stay disciplined throughout the weekend?

Replies

• herz28camaro
    herz28camaro Posts: 26 Member
    I was thinking the same thing.. I'm going to an Italian resturant tonight... What Do I EAT...UGH......
    I'm taking a fat burner to curb my cravings an hour before I get there...
  • Weekends are always trouble for me. Too much free time, and too much food in town. This weekend I've written down a meal plan. Hopefully I can stick to it.
  • I try to seize the moment! Get determined, and overcome the fear! Prove to yourself that it's just another day in the week. Turn that negative into a positive. Get out of the house, and away from the cupboards. Do something new and active. Food is just fuel!
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Weekends have and are still rough for me.... I just go into the weekend thinking do your best, try to remember portion control, track and exercise. And ultimately don't blow all your hard work from the entire week for a weekend of lack of commitment! Good luck!
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Weekends are always trouble for me. Too much free time, and too much food in town. This weekend I've written down a meal plan. Hopefully I can stick to it.
    Great idea! One suggestion for the weekend, cook at home! You will add or subtract whatever you like and have fun going tothe market to buy the stuff you need, cutting and cooking!
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Great Post! I hope many respond...I'm sure, like you, I'm not the only one who could use advice...though I have none...I do Exactly what you do during the week - bring and plan all my food for the week to work...never a problem...workout every night after work...but I have a 3 day weekend...woohoo but I literally lose 4 lbs during the week and gain every bit of that back over my 3 day weekend....its become a vicious cycle -

and I do gym workouts - gym...close to work....home...Far from gym - so I don't drive to town on my weekends (might if gas didn't cost an arm an a leg these days) and I haven't found the discipline to exercise at home regularly....and there is always plans or company screwing up what discipline I can muster!!! It is frustrating...and I would love to read the posts that come on here!

Though trying to plan "active activities" IS helpful - cuz when I actually do it - it gets me out of the house and moving instead of searching cupboards....I do relish relaxing from the stress of work on the weekends (I do work 4 / 10-12 hr days to get those 3 day weekends)...so I like to stay around and do chores and relax...gotta find a way to stop lurking in the kitchen though!!
  • robynn412
    robynn412 Posts: 97 Member
    Perfect post for me tonight...I typically blow it every weekend...I'm going to try and structure this weekend just like they were weekdays.

Breakfast as usual, lunch, dinner, and snacks already prepped...hoping to do my best to stick to that. And getting my exercise in, so easy to slack off, not cook, and end up at Coldstone by days end.

Already planned to meet a friend for a nice long walk tomorrow...having something I committed to will definitely help.

I feel like if I can have 1 successful weekend, I'll be on track to it not being such a dreaded thing that ruins all my hard weekday work.
  • Same here! While I'm out running errands all day because I am not able to during the week, eating out seems like the best option and most convenient for my 5 year old daughter and I! Hopefully if I do choose to eat out, I can opt for the healthier choices :)
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    I think it's okay to splurge every now and then on the weekend whether it's eating a little bit more (then eventually try to work it off). Pretty much have to plan what you want to eat and stick with it.
  • i try an stay out of the house during the day as much as possible.. get all of your aarons/shopping done on the weekends, go outside for walks, the pool, etc. if you are in the house, try an get as much cleaning done as possible and just tell yourself not to go into the kitchen... i know how you feel, when im at home with nothing to do i just find myself wandering into the kitchen and mindlessly eating even with im not hungry. lately ive been telling myself to just avoid going into the kitchen until its time to make lunch/dinner. it helps just be aware of when your walking into the kitchen and tell yourself noo im not hungry right now! haha it helps me to tell myself that,. dont worry be strong you can do this :)
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    weekends :/ they always get to me too!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    i plan my weekends more carefully - make sure i have lots of healthy food handy, work extra drinks and the odd treat into my calories and make sure i have an express plan for a workout. i leave myself about 3-400 cals 'to 'play with' so to speak and try and be out of the house on the move as much as poss, or if i'm home be constantly drinking water or green tea to fill up. i'm on day 58 and i haven't gone over cals once!
  • Perfect post for me tonight...I typically blow it every weekend...I'm going to try and structure this weekend just like they were weekdays.

Breakfast as usual, lunch, dinner, and snacks already prepped...hoping to do my best to stick to that. And getting my exercise in, so easy to slack off, not cook, and end up at Coldstone by days end.

Already planned to meet a friend for a nice long walk tomorrow...having something I committed to will definitely help.

I feel like if I can have 1 successful weekend, I'll be on track to it not being such a dreaded thing that ruins all my hard weekday work.
    That is what I did this morning. I got up and made breakfast and lunch etc....as if it was a workday. If I leave this house, I will take what I made with me.
  • i plan my weekends more carefully - make sure i have lots of healthy food handy, work extra drinks and the odd treat into my calories and make sure i have an express plan for a workout. i leave myself about 3-400 cals 'to 'play with' so to speak and try and be out of the house on the move as much as poss, or if i'm home be constantly drinking water or green tea to fill up. i'm on day 58 and i haven't gone over cals once!

What to go on not going over!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    I find that weekends are the only time that I have any time at all to myself so I try to get in some really great workouts. Its nice to workout and not worry about any time constraints. And it helps me feel better if I end up eating out or drinking alcohol.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Trying to think of the weekend as an opportunity to step it up. Exercise more, keep yourself busy. Spend time Preparing something healthy and yummy. I try to keep myself busy, if I find I'm sat there thinking about food I find something to do or go take a long bath, watch a favourite TV programme or put my headphones on. Distraction basically. It is harder for sure. I often have extra calories, but make sure they are not carbs. I have extra protein or good fats instead.

Zara x
  • hollydetra
    hollydetra Posts: 50 Member
    So - I've only done this a couple times now since I'm fairly new back at the game. But, honestly, being on here helps so much! I find, that staying connected helps me so much. I've also found that making sure I start out well - I have a higher possibility of succeeding the rest of the day. Plus, it's a lifestyle change, so just know, that if you can keep it up for a few weekends, you'll get the hang of it!

Most importantly, stay positive! You can do it!