Not a love note to my mirror

Options
Dear mirror,

You are a compulsive liar. Every time I want some honest feedback on my progress, there you are, telling me that I'm doing it all for nothing. "You've always been fat, and you'll always be fat," you say. "You might as well give up and go eat a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's. You're never going to reach your goal." Well, I've had it with your abuse. I've found someone better.

That's right, mirror. I'm leaving you for the camera. The camera is brutally honest, but it never lies. It never tells me I haven't made any progress, making me doubt the testimony of all my clothes. It tells me how far I still have to go, but it says so gently, with an encouraging, "Look how far you've come already! You can do it!"

Next time you feel lonely, just remember your lies. Think about it. Maybe you should talk to the camera about how to be more honest.

Sincerely,
Me

20130222comparisonfront.jpg

20130222comparisonside1.jpg

On the left: September 2012. I couldn't stand straight because I was non-weight-bearing from a broken ankle. Approximately 195 lbs.

On the right: February 2013. 166 lbs.

I'm 5'5"

Replies

• autopilot_on
    Options
    THANK YOU! I am still laughing. Love your sense of humor. And I completely agree, the camera tells the true story. It's a hard lesson for some of us to learn. I have a few mirrors that might be interested in yours (they're obviously single now *insert dismissive laughter here*).
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great Job! My mirror is a bit of a jerk too :/ Keep up the good work!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    great freaking job!!! hottie alert!!!
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    **** the mirror!

I need to get a camera.
  • Jubee31
    Jubee31 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! Great way to put it! I took before pictures, and am thinking I'll take afters at 30 pounds lost.

Great job for you!
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    you look awesome lady!!!! was progress!!! tell that mirror off! the camera is much more loyal and encouraging ;)
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    wow, wow, WOW!! You've made stellar progress!! Muy caliente!! :drinker:
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great progress.
  • yves_lydia
    Options
    I just realized yesterday that my camera was more flattering than my mirror! That's for this post! Great fun! and GOODBYE MIRROR!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    :heart: and you are totally right! You're looking fantastic, you can definitely meet your goals. Don't listen to the evil mirror.
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • danimal5867
    Options
    Awesome work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!