Will You Adopt Me??

Options
Who wants to adopt me?? Don't worry.....I have a job and can contribute!!! Seriously tho, I need someone "in the know" on exercise, weights, etc (preferably someone who has or is losing a lot of weight) to adopt me and help me make a plan for my workouts!!!!

I am not a stranger to the gym. Well, I HAVE been a stranger for years now but, somewhere back in time I was a good athlete and played sports year round. Went to college on a basketball scholarship so I used to run miles without breathing hard and lift weights like a fool! I want to be there again!! I am smart enough to know that as long as the BB's are getting in my way (Boobage and Belly), I can't do that stuff (without black eyes) until I lose a lot first.

I joined the Y and started Zumba and Aqua boxing and water resistance classes this week (and am LOVING THEM). I want to lift again but I don't know how to go about it. I am competitive. I want to go in lifting to the max but at the same time I don't want to bulk (AT ALL) until I get a lot of this weight off of me, so I am a little lost! I can't see myself lifting girly weights as I still have my athletic body under there somewhere! Good biceps, good legs.

I need someone who is willing to take on a minion!!!! Someone who knows what they are talking about and is willing to coach me into awesomeness!!! I will do what we agree on and I won't take much of your time if you are remotely interested in helping me, message me!

Thanks!

Replies

• farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym near me. It's a little local gym. The owner is a certified personal trainer. I get training as part of my membership. This has helped so much, I can't even tell you!! When I was exercising at home, I used YouTube and just watched a bunch of different video's to get ideas of what to do. I would highly recommend working with a trainer if you can. They should talk to you and make a plan to help you achieve what you want. You won't bulk. Women don't have the makeup to get big without a lot of work. I'm doing a lot of lifting with my trainer. It's blasting the weight off and helping (I hope) with the lose skin. Good luck my friend!!
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there are trainers there, for a fee of course. Maybe it would be worth it just to meet with one of them to set up a program. I understand weights and how to use them but I can't remember how many reps and sets I need to be doing of each. I don't want to waste my time lifting light b/c I can get more benefits from just doing Zumba and Aqua boxing as far as that goes. I do want to lift heavy about 3 days a week tho. Not to bulk but for strength.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Feel free to message me with any questions you have :) I'll adopt you
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I would never rely on me for help, but I like minions.