80% raw 1 month challenge starting tomorrow!!

Options
Not only am I cutting out all refined sugars and bad fats, I am going to be eating 80% raw for a whole month! If you want to follow mtg experience friend me, and you're more than welcome to join in! I am mot just doing this for weight loss, but because I want a more strict diet. I am semi COE sometimes and I find if I have a strict, healthy diet it counters it.

Please no hate replies. I am doing this.

Replies

• Lissettelarson
    Options
    80% raw is excellent. These two videos helped me greatly: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead a documentary by Joe Cross and Hungry for Change. Watched them on Nextflick.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I very much enjoyed the 3 months or so I ate 90% raw. Towards the end, the only things I ate that I couldn't be sure were raw were the occasional condiment, my vegan protein powder, roasted nuts here and there, and things like dehydrated tomato or prune that I couldn't exactly confirm was "sundried."

The hardest part was being social. It's even harder to go out with friends and stay raw than to be vegan (at least where I lived at the time). Most places have orange juice and side salads without cheese that I could at least nibble on.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would have enjoyed my liver, onions and sweet potato last night if I ate it raw, but then again I never tried. :smile:
  • umuller
    Options
    good lack with your callange, pls let us know how you get on,
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i do love my fruit and veggies more so raw but i have too have something hot in the cold weather.... :bigsmile:
    good luck x
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement! I forgot to add, I am strict vegetarian anyway, so at this point I am just not cooking things :P Today I did alright, except I sort of stuffed my gord with quinoa haha. Didn't go over my calorie limit though so who cares!
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    80% raw is excellent. These two videos helped me greatly: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead a documentary by Joe Cross and Hungry for Change. Watched them on Nextflick.

Be aware that Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead is basically an infomercial for Joe Cross's juicer.

OP: If you want any raw recipes, let me know. I have a lot of recipes, especially desserts.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Honey: I would love some!!
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Just make sure you get enough healthy fats and proteins! Avocados (fat wise) will be your friend in this raw food challenge.