Please need your opinion

Options
Hey guys, am strrugglin to lose 40 pounds, and was wondering how to get my cellulites aways and the love handles....i hate them so much, really need some help please, i've been doin like 1 hour a half on treadmill and ellitical trainer...anything else u guys suggest...my legs really need toning......thaxs

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Have you changed your eating habits? You may want to try some core exercizes and ab exercizes that work the obliques as well.
  • Mspositive1
    Mspositive1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    yes i did change my eatin habits, but i hate these love handles...do i need to run more
  • sheresamae
    sheresamae Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    doing some lunges and squats or the machines at gym if you go for legs will help those areas firm up
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    doing some lunges and squats or the machines at gym if you go for legs will help those areas firm up

I agree with these! Any way to do some zumba classes or dvds? I've lost almost 20 inches in my hips and waist alone doing zumba, and it's so much fun!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Cardio is the way to go. You will shrink all over. I like running, but elliptical is great, too. Whatever you're interested in will definitely help your cellulite/love handles, but it will take some time. Good luck!
  • lwest008
    lwest008 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The love handles will go as you body fat % decreases, so keep up with the cardio and healthy eating. I personally have found that my cellulite has almost disappeared as a result of clean eating (no processed foods, no fake sweetners etc) and increasing my water intake (when skin is dehydrated, cellulite is more visible). Keep up up the cardio, but take an honest look at what your consuming, not just calories, but quality of food. And a bonus, I have found clean eating to be more econmical because I am buying whole foods, and consuming alternate proteins like eggs and beans more regularly.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have lost a lot of weight and have really tightened/toned along the way... the thing that I have found that works the best in ADDITION to my cardio/running as well as lunges/squats, etc... is that I also do pilates. Pilates is the one thing that really seems to sculpt my body the best and when I go some time without doing a pilates workout, I don't look as lean. Might not be for everyone though...

In addition, I completely agree with the clean eating! It does work! When you eat healthier, organic and when the body fat percentage drops...so will the appearance of cellulite ;)
  • Vegas408
    Vegas408 Posts: 4
    Options
    I've found that running/cardio, laying twist crunches and standing trunk twists have helped me in the oblique area. It takes a a bit though because the muscle is underneath the fat, so you have to watch your diet and work it off over some time.
    Be patient. Your hard work will pay off! If it were easy, we wouldn't appreciate the results when we achieve our goals!!

:glasses:
  • Trish02
    Trish02 Posts: 25
    Options
    Anything CARDIO...it works the body as a whole to decrease fat. Like Jillian says (which is what I hate :sad: ) them darn lunges and squats done regularly you will notice change but you must work through the burn. Leg lifts in variations sideways, front and back. Good Luck! :drinker:
  • Mspositive1
    Mspositive1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thaxs guys, i will try tomorrow.