Emotional eating? Eating when full?

Options
How do i try and stop myself from eating even when my body feels full or eating when i feel bad about myself or have had a bad day?

Replies

• juliesmithdiet
    Options
    What helps me is to get up and go for a walk with my dogs, out in the fresh air I always feel better. Another thing I am doing is accepting I cannot make everyone happy and just being me for a change, takes a huge amount of stress off me and stops me being so emotional with my food.
  • reja285
    Options
    you should do some activities like walking ,watching tv or any thing els or you can eat just fruits because it doesnot have a lot of calories. in my case i keep looking at my body , remembering my goal or drink water . plz forgive me for my weak english
  • cwick56
    cwick56 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Distract yourself. Get caught up in something :)
  • Caroline1803
    Options
    If I am at home I get the hoover out and say I will have whatever it is to eat after I have done the hoovering, this usually distracts me enough. If I am out I try to find somewhere quiet and do some breathing exercises x
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Distract yourself. Get caught up in something :)

This.
  • 21Jenny21
    Options
    What helps me is to get up and go for a walk with my dogs, out in the fresh air I always feel better. Another thing I am doing is accepting I cannot make everyone happy and just being me for a change, takes a huge amount of stress off me and stops me being so emotional with my food.

I agree with you here.. trying to keep everyone happy never works therefore I eat cause i feel sorry for myself..! try taking your time with your food and putting your fork down between bites and drinking water before and during your meal.. I try to pick a smaller plate so it looks fuller!
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It is time to pick up a new hobbie. I pick up a paintbrush and paint. I also start texting everyone I know and suggest a walk. If I can't find someone to walk with, I put a leash on the dog and take him. I ride my bike. I know all about emotional eating, and it happens to the best of it. I try not to give in to my insanity.....I mean, I've been there, done that, and I know that the emotional eating doesn't solve anything. When I am wanting to eat excessively, and don't want to get out and do something, I roam these forums. They really can help!