SWEEL

Options
Hi ,......
wanted to ask after lifting heavy weights , due to muscle soreness do u get swelling in the arms.......?

i am following Jamie Easons workout plan and am in phase1 week3 from bodybuilding.com...... i feel my sleeves going tight after doing this program ........ is it muscles or something else ..... really annoying to find my arms getting bigger ..... how to reduce the inches around it........ require help.......

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Yes it is perfectly normal to have swollen muscles after lifting (known as swole).

After an intense workout muscles will build glycogen stores in preparation for the next workout. Glycogen is water soluble and also holds three times it's own weight in water. This is what makes the muscles seemed pumped up after a workout. The water will be released after a few days without lifting.
  • robstot
    robstot Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    After your workout try getting protein into the body within 30 minutes as this may help reduce the soreness.
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Yes it is perfectly normal to have swollen muscles after lifting (known as swole).

After an intense workout muscles will build glycogen stores in preparation for the next workout. Glycogen is water soluble and also holds three times it's own weight in water. This is what makes the muscles seemed pumped up after a workout. The water will be released after a few days without lifting.
    whn will i see the definition of my muscles on my arms or other parts of body?
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    After your workout try getting protein into the body within 30 minutes as this may help reduce the soreness.
    i drink protein powder mixed in water whenever i lift heavy within 30 min of time
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

whn will i see the definition of my muscles on my arms or other parts of body?

Definition will come from decreasing BF%. Keep going and you'll get there :)