Also new and also looking for buddies!!

Options
Hello all!! Wow - so happy to have found this site!! I, along with my buddy kirbyjbj, are new here! I found the site and encouraged her to join. We work together, so we're lucky to have Mon-Fri encouragement and support for each other. However, you can never have enough encouragement, support or buddies!! I have read thru some success stories, and hope to become one some day! I also can't wait to skim thru the recipe section, as I loooooooove to cook!!

I'm 44 and have spent my life overweight. I went from the 'fat bald baby' in the nursery, to the chubby elementary kid, to the heavy set high schooler to a full blown overweight adult. I'm done hating myself - I'm done sitting around being unhappy - and I'm done putting myself 2nd!

I'm also new to message boards!! Hope I didn't bore everyone!!

This is gonna be an excellent journey!!!

Replies

• marsha73
    marsha73 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'll be your friend:smile:
  • Delikatz
    Delikatz Posts: 16
    Options
    We all need all the encouragment we can get =) Heres to team work !!!!! :happy:
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new as well and looking for friends. :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm new and I'll be your friend!!! Welcome!
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've been doing MFP since January and don't have anyone to encourage me! I'd love to be your fitness partner!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you can add me.
  • My600PdLife
    My600PdLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm also new and looking for buddies.
  • lappyd425
    lappyd425 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!!! You are gonna LOVE it here!!! I've been here about 4 months or so and I've reached my goal weight!! I'm always looking for buddies and people to chat about food with!! Add me!! Jenni
  • leadvocalchick
    leadvocalchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! Thanx sooooo much everyone!! :happy:
  • MargieK
    MargieK Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! You are going to love this site! You can add me...I've been on here almost 6 weeks and only have one chubby-buddy (don't mean to offend..that's what we call ourselves!!!). Having a support group really helps! Here's to seeing less of you on here! (get it? LESS of you because you are going to lose weight. Hehe.)
  • clichtenauer
    Options
    I'm new too! I would love to be your friend also. You can add me!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as well...I've only been here for 2 weeks and I am such an addict to this site! :heart: it! I need some more "chubby buddies!" :bigsmile:
  • leadvocalchick
    Options
    CHUBBY BUDDIES UNITE!!!

:laugh: :happy: :laugh: :happy: :laugh: :happy: :laugh: :happy: :laugh:
  • kirbyjbj
    kirbyjbj Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Copycat!! :)
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    I've been at this a month and ALSO have one of those "I wish it were 1981" pictures. Really wish I could go back though - and never get to this point. Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • debstar1967
    Options
    So Many Newbies! Glad to know I'm not alone. I joined this site to try and get past this plateau I seem to be on. I need some words of encouragement. I also have a huge battle with Chocolate! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • leadvocalchick
    Options
    Copycat!! :)

But, imitation is the best form of flattery!!! :o)
  • shaymh
    shaymh Posts: 7
    Options
    Add me! I just signed up today and I am loving this site :)
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I think we might be twins! You sound a lot like me.
  • sunshine26
    sunshine26 Posts: 31
    Options
    I am not new but am a lost sheep that has found her way back home. (to myfitnesspal) of curse.
    Anyone can add me:happy: