Entering steps from Pedometer...

Options
I will be going to an amusement park for this holiday weekend and I plan to buy a pedometer tomorrow so I can keep track of my steps and atleast get some credit for the "exercise". Has anyone entered steps for exercise and how did you do it?

Also, does anyone just LOVE the pedometer they own and where did you buy it?

Thanks so much everyone!

Replies

• AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    LOVE my Omron Walking Style from Amazon (Santa brought it). I've been wearing it daily since February and love it. Mine saves 7 days of history forsteps, aerobic steps, miles, and calories burned.

I log only my "aerobic" steps -- not by steps but by mileage and calories burned.

Am very curious about how others use their pedometers -- would love some new and more creative ideas -- so please share!
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I also love my Omron. I use it every day. I keep track of both aerobic steps and regular. I put it in the note section so I can see my improvements.
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    I love my "talking" pedometer from SportsLine. Bought at Walmart. It keeps track of steps, calories burned, distance, and total time. I make additional notes in the exercise diary. I generally walk more than 5 miles a day just at work. All those steps do add up. I do turn off the "talking" on the pedometer when at work, though the volume is pretty low! I think I only paid $10-$12 for it.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I have a pedometer on my phone that tells me how many steps I've taken, how many miles I've walked, how fast I've walked (it also has an application for running so I use that for my intervals), and how many calories I've burned. So you could say I have it easy and don't have to do much. I used to count my everyday general walking/calories but now I only do extra walking I wouldn't normally do in a day...

I'm going to Six Flags on Monday and will be counting all my walking for my daily exercise as well! Does your pedometer tell you miles? If so, you could probably calculate it that way...
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have an omron go smart pedometer and I LOVE IT :) It counts steps, aerobic steps , calories burned and it measures distance. I count my walking steps and enter it into the exercise part as distance walked. I use my omron daily and when I wear it I find that I am walking extra just to get the steps in LOL. I also can download all my information on to my lap top and have it graphed which is a really nice feature. I bought my omron on sale on amazon.
  • neesey
    neesey Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for giving me your advice and pedometer recommendations! I really rely on this "family" for all their support and information. This site has truly been a blessing to me.

Thanks, again, and have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.