How many times a week do u weigh yourself?

Options
I've been obsessively weighing myself daily this week. Just curious on how many times a week most people weigh themselves.

Replies

• Zommbunny
    Options
    One at most, sometimes as little as one or 2 times in a month - makes the reward greater plus weighing yourslef daily does not help, weight fluctuates due to water retention TOTM etc,
    I would say stop with the everyday:ohwell:
    x
  • mnb7v3
    mnb7v3 Posts: 21
    Options
    I weigh-in almost every day. I know some don't like this method because of water retention, etc. but I don't find that to be a problem. I don't always log it here - I log it only once a week or so.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, always the same time on the same scale. The day to day fluctuations discourage me too much. Good luck!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it. Sometimes it's everyday, other times I go a week and don't step on the scale. What I look for the most is the way my clothes fit :)
  • arrexu
    arrexu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. I do it so I can see how the food I ate the day before affects my weight, as well as to gauge the amount of water retention I have just before, during, and after my period. I am aware that weight fluctuates on a daily basis, but I don't see that as a reason to not keep weighing yourself every day. This has helped me determine that I am most likely insulin resistant, so it has helped steer my lifestyle choices in a better direction for my specific needs. It has also shown me that I am extremely sodium sensitive, so I now also avoid high sodium foods.

It's a good way to keep tabs on how your body is doing and will enable you to catch yourself sooner when you see the pounds sneaking back up on you. My mom weighs herself every day as well, and because she was doing so, she was able to pick up on her thyroid becoming under active much sooner when she noticed that she was eating well and exercising regularly, but she was gaining weight (she observed a 4 pound gain in one month). Once she saw that trend, she went to the doctor and got herself checked out. Lo and behold, her thyroid was indeed sluggish, and she got the appropriate treatment for it without having to go through gaining 20 pounds and not realizing it until the next doctor's visit.

Another measurement tool you can use is a measure tape to measure your waist or other body parts. If you're strength training, you'll see an initial gain on the scale, but shrinkage in your body measurements. :)
  • honeybunny32
    honeybunny32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day at 6am wearing a tank and panties before I eat or drink . It keeps me focused and gives me incentive to continue to make healthy choices. I just say to myself do you wanna eat that or do you want to see the scale move. It works for me.
  • candace177
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday . Smashed two expensive scales already as I saw my weight fluctuated :)) I know that i should just weigh once a week or less but I couldn't help it. Everytime I wake up I feel the need to weigh . Sigh.
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day. I start over and recommit every day. It is just what I have to do to keep myself on track.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Once a week, same day/time!
  • Danjan04
    Danjan04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday as well...just to keep me on track:smile:
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I do one "official" weigh in a week. I do it on Monday mornings which kind of makes me not pig out on the weekends. I do a lot of Wii Fit Plus, so it weighs me everyday, but I usually don't look at the weight part. I can tell by the graph and my BMI if I've gone down.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    0.125-0.5 times.
  • valeriemholden
    valeriemholden Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself on the 1st (or 30th) and 15th of each month, so twice per month. Seems to work for me. I would like to weigh more often but I know how weight can fluctuate so much because of water retention etc. and I know I would be obsessed too, lol, so I limit it.
  • Redkestrel
    Redkestrel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after I wake up. Like some have said above, it helps keep me motivated and gives me a good idea of how I did the day before.

I know it's not realistic to see it go down every day, due to water retention etc. On Sundays I measure myself (waist, chest, hips, thighs, arms and calves) which gives me a better idea of inches lost.
  • paulcocker1
    paulcocker1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Every day, then enter it on a spreadsheet which calculates the last 7 days average.
  • 2horsestoride
    2horsestoride Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Everyday that I'm at home. If I'm travelling, I don't weigh as I only weigh myself on the same scale so that I know I'm comparing apples to apples.
  • Wanderson1311
    Wanderson1311 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Every day.... Sometimes 2-3 times during the day. In the mornings though mostly because that really sets the tone for how my day is going to go. If I am up ounces/pounds then I work harder and if I am down I feel good about myself.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Every day, first thing in the morning. I don't let the daily fluctuations bother me; if I've been eating right and exercising I have no reason to worry if the numbers are up.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have stopped weekly weighs as I have stopped losing for the past 2 weeks, after a 7lb loss over 3 weeks. I am experimenting with increasing my calories from 1200 to a sedentary TDEE (1460) and lightly active TDEE (1680) to see if I start losing again. I have taken a base set of measurements- neck, bust.waist and hips. On my lightly active days, I am introducing resistance training alongside the cardiovascular training I have already started (so 2 x 30 minute sessions)
    I intend to do lighlty active days 3 , maybe up to 5 per week. I have lupus, a chronic fatigue, autoimmune disease, so I can't progress too quick with the exercise.
    Well... that's what I'm doing....what was the question!!!!!!!:blushing:
  • Mamalea32
    Options
    That is so true! A pound or two high or low means nothing on a day to day basis. It is the long stretches of time that show a real difference.