Need help syncing Fit Bit to MFP so calories are right

Options
Still trying to figure out how to navigate between what my Fit Bit is telling me and this website. For example, so far today, according to my Fit Bit, I have burned 1,720 calories yet I am over my calorie goal of 1,310 by 66 calories because the Fit Bit only adjusted my calories for activities by -88. Hmmm??? I know that I am under calories by 251 and would like to see that on this profile, but I don't know how to sync the goals... Does anyone know how to make this work?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Join the MFP group!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users (hope the link works)
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Still trying to figure out how to navigate between what my Fit Bit is telling me and this website. For example, so far today, according to my Fit Bit, I have burned 1,720 calories yet I am over my calorie goal of 1,310 by 66 calories because the Fit Bit only adjusted my calories for activities by -88. Hmmm??? I know that I am under calories by 251 and would like to see that on this profile, but I don't know how to sync the goals... Does anyone know how to make this work?

When you look at your home page, and goals, you will see on the right hand side Calories from daily activities.

That is what the fitbit calories are compared to, not your actual calorie goal.

So if MFP thinks you'll burn 2000, and you burn 2200, it allows you an extra 200.
    Or vice versa, if you've been inactive, it can take calories away.
  • MamaCat99
    MamaCat99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to find "calories from daily activities" on the home page. Is it under profile or settings or some other view?

Appreciate your help.
  • ivanh80
    Options
    seem MFP and fitbit arent talking atm, there is a post in help and support about this
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to find "calories from daily activities" on the home page. Is it under profile or settings or some other view?

Appreciate your help.

My home - Goals.
  • MamaCat99
    MamaCat99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Found it, thanks. Funny, I rarely look at that page.