Hi

Options
I am new here and hopeful and excited to join. I have a long way to go and lacking in motivation. Usually don't have trouble with working out, more problems with eating clean. I am hoping to get more motivation here. :smile:

Replies

• LynnsJourney3
    LynnsJourney3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome....I'm still new here too! Eating clean seems to be really difficult at first but it does get easier. I have found some great recipes on Pinterest...just type clean eating into the search engine. Sparks people also have some great recipes...I tried the Health Nut Truffle posted on Sparks....it was really easy to make and tasted really good. Everyone loved them at work and couldn't believe it was only cocoa powder in them and not real chocolate. I have tried many different diets, did Weight Watchers....I just did them and didn't really think about why I was eating what I was eating....I enjoy fitnesspal because I see how many calories each item is, fat content, protein etc. I really think about what I am eating, why I am eating and how it affects my body. This is the beginning of a wonderful journey!
  • CherV96
    Options
    Welcome. This site is great! I have found that the people here are nice and very helpful (as I too lack motivation). Feel free to add me as a friend. We can do it!
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been on here a little over a month and am having pretty good success, at least I think so. I too have a long way to go, actually a lifetime if you look at it that way. Reaching the loss goal is only part one, staying there is the long, hard part! I log on pretty much everyday and love to help when I can.
  • martaphi
    martaphi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply, we'll keep at it with supports like yours. :smile:
  • martaphi
    Options
    Thank you, I need to get used to loging on daily, when time allows. Good luck to you too!
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your journey, eating healthy and moving more....:smile:
  • martaphi
    Options
    Thank you! You are way ahead of me with 31Lb. Great job!
  • KasperNymand
    KasperNymand Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal, and good luck! :wink:
  • martaphi
    Options
    Thank you and WOW! Your results are amazing! What an inspiration!
  • martaphi
    Options
    Thank you and welcome to you too: :smile:
  • kristiezen
    Options
    Welcome! I'm brand new too! I wish you luck in your journey-we are all in this together!
  • martaphi
    Options
    Thanks, and the same good wishes to you too!
  • Patti1023
    Patti1023 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! If you have a smartphone you can download the app for your phone, it makes logging SO much more convenient when you can do it pretty much anywhere!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Take your time and take notes on the website. You don't HAVE to eat 100% clean to get results... at all. Welcome to MFP.
  • martaphi
    Options
    Thank you! I am a little bit challanged in using apps, as I am also new to smartphones as well. I am trying though, just have to get with it...
  • martaphi
    Options
    Thank you, for the good suggestions. I will take notes. I know about clean eating, I just need to get a lot better at that than I am now.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Thank you, for the good suggestions. I will take notes. I know about clean eating, I just need to get a lot better at that than I am now.

first note: don't obsess with eating clean. Figure out a caloric deficit first. You'll be able to eat more clean foods than processed, but let it be a natural shift... don't focus on changing too much at one time.