Excersie -Motivation -

Options
I have found that to getting on the treadmill requires a bit of distraction. Music, Netflix, surf the iPad.

What keeps you going till the clock runs out?

Replies

• sbussert
    sbussert Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Also, I have an attention span of a knat, so it's doubly hard to stay ... Look Squirrel!!!
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have to listen to music and put a towel over the timer or I keep staring at it and counting down the seconds lol
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Reading a book via Kindle is always a good option for me. Complete distraction.
  • slavonka23
    slavonka23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have to listen to music and put a towel over the timer or I keep staring at it and counting down the seconds lol

haha.. me too :laugh:
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    How bad do you want it?
  • sbussert
    Options
    Try typing on these posts on a treadmill... Darn it, another typo..., :)
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I can't read on the threadmill or elliptical (my vision goes with the movement). I can listen to music though :smile:
  • sarahxcx
    sarahxcx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Listening to music on the treadmill helps but I do find I get bored and keep watching the timer, though I got the nike running app which cheers you on.
    just started going to the gym and I find that a lot better as there's enough going on to keep me distracted so the runs not as boring, I find that mixing up the workout helps too.
  • Ottinger13
    Ottinger13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I walk the treadmill at the gym and make friends with the people next to me. Also, I make sure the TV is set to a good channel.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I love listening to audiobooks. I also read if I use my gym bike.
    Also, I have an attention span of a knat, so it's doubly hard to stay ... Look Squirrel!!!

I know what you m
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Try running or walking outside. I HATE the treadmill and only do it if there is precipitation that prevents me from running outside. Besides, you get a greater burn outdoors due to difference in elevation and the ability to increase speed whimsically.
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Fun music, a good tv show, a good distraction...find something to get your attention and that time will fly and you'll get a workout! :)
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Watching the calories burned and miles completed go up!
  • RabidCarrot
    RabidCarrot Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like to listen to music and sometimes watch a movie or tv show too but what really makes it fly by and keeps me crazy motivated is when i set up a challenge during my work out. Yesterday it was to run at a higher speed than normal with a higher incline for at least 10 minutes. I frequently like to see how many 2 to 3 minute sprints i can add into my run or set a time limit to reach X amount of miles.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I tend to watch the news, and try not to fall off the treadmill laughing at the terrible text "translations"... on the bike though it has to be music.

I did try and follow tennis scores during the Australian open on the tready, bike and elliptical and almost fell off all three! Not to mention squeaking with indignation at the way the scores were going... apparently hollering "FOR GOD'S SAKE HOLD YOUR DAMN SERVE" is bad form early in the morning at the gym... who knew!?
  • sbussert
    Options
    Lol
  • mlbqd3
    mlbqd3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Reading a book via Kindle is always a good option for me. Complete distraction.

I stumble if I try to read... I am clumsy!!
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Try running or walking outside. I HATE the treadmill and only do it if there is precipitation that prevents me from running outside. Besides, you get a greater burn outdoors due to difference in elevation and the ability to increase speed whimsically.

Outside is so much better. I love doing it fartlek style. And with good raingear...I love my UnderArmour Coldgear....the only time I don't go out in the rain is if the wind is blowing it sideways and I don't want to risk getting hit by falling limbs from trees.
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    Podcasts! Especially long ones. I always look forward to the gym when the new Oh No! Ross and Carrie podcast comes out.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Intervals. Either speed or hills. Keeps my mind engaged. I can't just run on the treadmill, get too bored too quickly.