How many times a week do u weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    One at most, sometimes as little as one or 2 times in a month - makes the reward greater plus weighing yourslef daily does not help, weight fluctuates due to water retention TOTM etc,
    I would say stop with the everyday:ohwell:
    x

This is my approach as well. Over the holidays I weighed every three days, but I have only touched the scale once in the last two weeks.
  • bwnorton
    bwnorton Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Weigh ins in my opinion are a personal preference. I split the difference. My official weigh-in is Monday at 6 a.m. I still weigh myself during the week, as my travel schedule permits. And yes, I've weighed myself in the morning, at about noon and in the evening. Morning seems to be the most stable for my lifestyle and eating habits. Using daily weigh-ins with a scale that measures water and body fat helps me see what my normal fluctuations are in a week.
  • rosieg1979
    rosieg1979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Daily. WiFi scales. Values plugged into Trendweight.com which does some mathematical jiggery pokery to smooth out the ups and downs and just shows the general trend.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    DAILY! don't like the once a week thing.. I want to know what I weight first thing in the morning.
  • zeta30
    zeta30 Posts: 40
    Options
    I rarely weigh myself. I go more by how my clothes fit me. I lift weights so if I gain muscle and lose fat a weight in isn't really telling me how much fat I've lost. But since I know I can now fasten my belt an inch shorter than a month ago I know I'm still moving in the right direction.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log daily. I like to see the fluctuations and I don't stress over them. As long as the basic trend is downward I know that small gains here and there are no biggie because I can see the trends. It keeps it real for me - but isn't for everyone.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Daily, but only once a week for official mfp. And i skip my period week
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Daily. I cant help myself I wanna know how I am doing and if I need to step it up:smile:
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Once a week and at same time at day of the week. Please don't weigh yourself daily. You'll drive yourself crazy.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    7/365! Unless I'm out of town. That allows me to track trends and adjust my intake appropriately.
  • fithsparo
    fithsparo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm daily guy also, it helps me understand what I should and shouldn't eat and how those foods effect me.
  • dhanisk
    Options
    every day - twice a day. Since I have a scale in the bathroom, it does not take any extra effort or time.
    I log it in MFP only when there is a change in weight,
  • HouseHoldSix
    Options
    Once a week. Same day every week. Nekkid, in the morning.
  • mejackiev
    Options
    It all depends on how you are with it.. I know if I weigh my self every day I get frustrated and I give up on my goal.. But my girl friend says that weighing her self daily keeps her on track.. So it is just in what makes you happy.. I weigh my self once a week.. And that seems to help me stay on track..
  • Girlikecupcake
    Girlikecupcake Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't. My scale broke. If I'm at a friends' place and they have a scale, I use it. Last week I was 145, confirmed with a scale at my doctor's office. So I know at least that one scale is zeroed properly. I don't want to obsessively weigh myself because when I do, I get obsessive about what I'm eating. I'm still trying to get used to my current diet, and want to turn it into a lifestyle change (not something temporary). You know, figuring out how to get enough calories without increasing actual food intake, since I'm never 'hungry' now. I'm awful at eating, If I get obsessive about what I'm eating, I tend to stop eating. So I'll look out of curiosity every few weeks, see my progress that way. I see bigger number differences that way.
  • ketiab08
    ketiab08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Once a week on saturdays in the morning before I eat. I used to weigh myself everyday and I would get frustrated because i was not see any real results and weight would be up and down everyday. So once a week works best for me.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, every Monday just after I wake up. I used to do it every day or every couple days but I was driving myself crazy.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Every day...pre breakfast and after dinner....
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it. Sometimes it's everyday, other times I go a week and don't step on the scale. What I look for the most is the way my clothes fit :)

^this
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    every day, because i do the body test on wii fit plus, but i do official weigh ins here every sunday