UGH!

Options
Feeling a lack of motivation this morning. Thinking that the scale didn't move at all this week (disappointed)...but I know this sometimes happens. Also found myself on a cookie raid at 11:30 last night. What? I never do that...and the package wasn't even open. Usually that stops me from eating them. So I'm feeling pretty bad about it even though I was under my calorie goal yesterday. Here's to hoping that today will be a better day. One day at a time....right?

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    One day at a time - absolutely right!
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Go back and read your post! Your thoughts are definitely right on track. I didn't take a week to gain the wait, you're not going to lose it all in a week. You seem to know exactly why the scales didn't change. Don't fret over, continue to do what's working for you. Get past it and forget about it! It's done, it's over, you can't change it so don't stress over it. Now do something today that your future self will be proud of!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day. You were under your goal despite cookies so I think you should be proud. :flowerforyou:
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Feeling a lack of motivation this morning. Thinking that the scale didn't move at all this week (disappointed)...but I know this sometimes happens. Also found myself on a cookie raid at 11:30 last night. What? I never do that...and the package wasn't even open. Usually that stops me from eating them. So I'm feeling pretty bad about it even though I was under my calorie goal yesterday. Here's to hoping that today will be a better day. One day at a time....right?
    Just take it one day at a time. It's ok if you don't meet your targets some days because you really wanted to eat and it's also ok to not lose anything in a week! I sometimes don't see any changes for up to two weeks and suddenly I'm down 3 or 4 pounds! Keep going and remember, baby steps! :)
  • dragonzwing14
    Options
    Keep working at it! Don't let a minor cookie raid undo all your hard work.... count it as a moment of weakness and keep looking to the prize!
  • Ilyandra
    Ilyandra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Days and weeks like this are part of the process, or so everyone keeps reassuring me, too! If it were easy, and didn't take any real effort, there wouldn't be so many people going through the same battles. For you it was cookies, for me it was happy hour with friends after a difficult and emotionally draining week. Beating ourselves up over it only makes it harder to get back on track. I'm not going to feel guilty, or bad about the deviations, I'm going to accept that I'm not perfect and that I have to just re-focus and keep moving forward. For me that means taking a long walk on the beach after I finish cleaning out a deceased relative's apartment this morning.

We are moving towards living healthier lives, not lives of total deprivation. As long as the binges and the detours are exceptions rather than rules, we'll all get there!
  • FionaDFair
    FionaDFair Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It's done, it's over, you can't change it so don't stress over it. Now do something today that your future self will be proud of!

Love it! Yesterday or last week might have been a struggle or I might have made decisions I now regret, but I'm going to do something today that I can be proud of. Great reminder!
    We are moving towards living healthier lives, not lives of total deprivation. As long as the binges and the detours are exceptions rather than rules, we'll all get there!

This is a good thought too. We're changing our lifestyles, and sometimes those changes are a little harder to make than at other times. But you're making new rules for you.
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others...let it go...today is a new day.....next time you feel the urge for cookies log on here and find someone to chat with....sometimes it's just redirecting our brains from old habits.