Skinny wraps???

Options
Has anyone tried them??? If so, how long does it take to see results. I've heard a lot of good things about them, especially the defining gel. I have many many stretch marks and some stubborn belly fat that I'm desperately trying to get rid of, or atleast minimize. Tell me your experience with them, please! Just spent a bunch of money on this stuff, and I'm not seeing any changes! Not happy right now!!! :grumble: :noway:

Replies

• DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who wants me to but I won't try them. I'm sticking with eating clean and working out. I've lost too much money trying "products".
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I definately agree on buying too many products! I've already lost a ton of weight, though. It's from having babies n also from the extreme weight loss. I would atleast love to reduce the appearance of the stretch marks, though! Uggghhh!
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Geez, that sounds like a lot, of stuff, and a lot of money! I did get the it works brand. I used it and took it home so I could reuse it. I also got the defining gel, but I believe that's where I will draw the line. Do you think it will help with the stretch marks n loose skin any? I have seen amazing pictures from people before. How long did it take to lose the 2 inches? I may have overlooked it.
  • KristineW78
    KristineW78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It took me all that stuff to lose - in less than one month tho
    I have the pic up (before/after) bikini shot on my profile page so that you can see
    It IS a lot of money but if you do ANYthing, JUST do the Greens if nothing else and those are inexpensive as a loyal customer
    I guess I spent the money because it was a quicker way to lose weight
    I was NOT losing my belly eating right and exercising
    I didn't realize that I wasn't regular and therefor - toxic!
    The greens are really what cleaned me out and cut my cravings.
    I know I will lose eating right and exercising and that is the right way to do it but I am also a spiritual person and one who STRONGLY believes in nutrition, which is why this line is for me
    These are the links that have rooted me!

No matter what you decide to do though, as long as you stick with it, want it and apply it - you will achieve it!

Also, to be honest - Defining Gel I do not see working on scars/stretch marks but haven't used it but a month. The actual stretch mark cream, I have read/seen testimonials but do not have my own verification to provide so I dunno on that one!
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    Wow! Great results! Thanks for the info!
  • kimberly728
    Options
    my best friend sells the it works wraps... i signed up and used them as directed- every 3 days- I lost 5 inches with the first wrap and then never lost anymore inches with the next 3 wraps from that box. I ended up using 3 boxes worth of wraps, for a loss of 10 total inches (you measure 3 areas of the abdomen) and my results did not last very long at all, maybe 2 weeks.
    I just feel like I'm seeing more results with eating right and exercising so I stopped getting them. Talking to her since I tried them, I have found out that you need to use more of their products with the wraps in order to get optimal results. however, i think their products are really expensive IMO.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Us girls all have bloody stretch marks.....arggghhhh

Best things I would say is........

Bio oil, put a few drops in bath or direct onto area.....and rose hip oil from boots
    Vitamin E oil or coca butter palmers oil for stretch marks
    Body brushing and exfoliating, and keeping the areas moisturised
    Lots of water, veggies, fruit .... Clean diet really.....cut them sugars out
  • KristineW78
    KristineW78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yeah the only thing you need to really take with the wraps to see good results are the greens because it keeps you regular and continuously flushing any toxins out. I eat healthy but cheat once in awhile and am not hard core with nutrition. Even if I didn't use the wraps the greens alone keep me from bloating and whatever so I feel good spending $28 per month on that.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    All those wraps do is make you lose water. That will cause you to lose an inch or two which can be good to do before an event for exmaple however once you eat and drink again that loss is right back where you lost it.

Those who claim they flush fat from your system, pull out toxins, burn fat from your belly area, etc etc are normally selling the stuff so they will tell you what you want to hear, truth or not so they make a sale.

It is pointless to spend the money on the wraps. While they may seem like a great thing, if they worked, everyone would be thin.

To lose belly fat you have to just reduce your overall body fat %. Stretch marks will never go away but they do fade in time. They get lighter and are much less noticable over time. The only way you can remove them is surgery (I forget the type of procedure).

Don't fall for the wraps... the only thing they make smaller is your wallet. Don't fall for the one person who is recommending them as she is selling them (which BTW, posting a link to something you sell is against the forum rules).
  • now_or_never13
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Geez, that sounds like a lot, of stuff, and a lot of money! I did get the it works brand. I used it and took it home so I could reuse it. I also got the defining gel, but I believe that's where I will draw the line. Do you think it will help with the stretch marks n loose skin any? I have seen amazing pictures from people before. How long did it take to lose the 2 inches? I may have overlooked it.

Please don't fall for It Works. They make you lose water and nothing else.
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I wrote a story for the newspaper about a lady who sells the It Works! wraps at her salon and before I could print the article, the company had to look it over. They axed EVERYTHING about losing weight or inches because they couldn't prove the products did that. The most I could say was that they could help firm and smooth skin. Soooo, it may work for your stretch marks, but anything else, probably not
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Palmers for stretch marks, if that's any help.
  • alevett
    alevett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When I read "Skinny wraps" - didn't know if you meant wraps for your body of food wraps that make you skinny. Seriously though, never tried them but years ago when I was in my 20s, we use to try saran wrap around our mid-section. You would sweat under the saran wrap but all it was really doing was getting rid of water. If you have somewhere to go and want to look slimmer for the night, these might work but other than that they do nothing for you. Don't waste your money!
  • Milliemocha
    Milliemocha Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have you tried bio oil on stretch marks? It worked amazingly for me... Highly recommended!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Notice, OP, that the stuff she's trying to get you to buy links to her own shop.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    All those wraps do is make you lose water. That will cause you to lose an inch or two which can be good to do before an event for exmaple however once you eat and drink again that loss is right back where you lost it.

Those who claim they flush fat from your system, pull out toxins, burn fat from your belly area, etc etc are normally selling the stuff so they will tell you what you want to hear, truth or not so they make a sale.

It is pointless to spend the money on the wraps. While they may seem like a great thing, if they worked, everyone would be thin.

To lose belly fat you have to just reduce your overall body fat %. Stretch marks will never go away but they do fade in time. They get lighter and are much less noticable over time. The only way you can remove them is surgery (I forget the type of procedure).

Don't fall for the wraps... the only thing they make smaller is your wallet. Don't fall for the one person who is recommending them as she is selling them (which BTW, posting a link to something you sell is against the forum rules).

This. So much this.
  • MsMori46
    Options
    I went to a meeting for ItWorks just last night. Let me be clear, I don't sell it and I have never tried it. Nor do I know anyone who sells it so this is not an ad. I am cautious with anything that works too fast and seems to good to be true (wraps) but I do like the idea of using natural products to gently detoxify my system (greens) as opposed to a lemon and pepper poop fest (the other detox thing out there). I think you have to look at each product and see what you want, need and believe in. Then you have to try it and see what works for you. Saying a whole product line is worthless and a sham when you haven't tried it all is just as erroneous as making exaggerated claims about the results you will get from the product.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I went to a meeting for ItWorks just last night. Let me be clear, I don't sell it and I have never tried it. Nor do I know anyone who sells it so this is not an ad. I am cautious with anything that works too fast and seems to good to be true (wraps) but I do like the idea of using natural products to gently detoxify my system (greens) as opposed to a lemon and pepper poop fest (the other detox thing out there). I think you have to look at each product and see what you want, need and believe in. Then you have to try it and see what works for you. Saying a whole product line is worthless and a sham when you haven't tried it all is just as erroneous as making exaggerated claims about the results you will get from the product.

I don't need to try every bad idea in order to know it's a bad idea. Detoxes have never been proven.

http://sciencebasedpharmacy.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/the-detox-delusion/
  • now_or_never13
    Options

The whole line is a waste of money... especially for what they charge. They have no scientific proof to show that their products do what they claim.

The wraps make you lose water weight... that's it. They don't shrink fat cells or detoxify your cells as they claim. The greens is incredibly overpriced. You don't need to detox your system as your body does that itself. Many people don't understand that. Enough water, healthy foods and your system will do much more than any of these detox products will do. All natural or not, nothing will detox your body.

Personally, I think it's right to believe something is worthless and a sham when it's not backed by evidence. Peer reviewed studies, science, etc.