body by you - mark lauren

Options
Anyone got this? Just been released and I have it on kindle. I think its similar to yayog but the graduation between exercises is a bit lower, you can progress at your own pace. You do 5 sets each workout from pushing, pulling,squatting, and bending. They get progressively harder moves.
Anyone doing it? Are you doing any cardiovascular for fat loss alongside? Not sure whatto do as he doesn't really go in for cardiovascular much, but aren't there hiit ladders in yayog?...just wondered peoples thoughts?

I do want to do heavy lifting but I don't want to have much heavy stuff lying around the house so bodyweight seems the next best thing.

Replies

• NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Resurrecting this old post because I just bought the book and it came last night. I'm going to start using it next week. Looking forward to seeing results!
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    This is the first I've heard of this book, but I really liked YAYOG (although I never tried doing it because I was able to get back to the gym regularly - and I had no way to get a pull-up bar in my house). I thought the excercises looked really challenging even though I've been lifting in the gym for quite a long time now. I can lift pretty respectable weights (in my opinion), but there are a lot of body weight things that would be very challenging because they are different. For example - I just started doing one legged squats again and they are hard!! It's a different kind of hard than a regular back squat. I want to get to the point where I don't need a step for them and can just hold my leg in front of me to do it!! And I think it would be cool to do hand stand pushups :-) Anyway, I ordered the book from the libary and can't wait to check it out.
  • krommama
    krommama Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I bought the book when it first came out and have been using the program ever since. YAYOG was too hard for me. This is a perfect fit. Challenging but not unattainable. I've been doing Cycle one for 6 weeks, although I was sick last week and missed two workouts. I have recommended this book to lots of people, and I will continue to do so. I've seen great improvement. In addition to building muscle, my balance and my posture have improved. Along with myfitnesspal and walking every day, I'm losing weight and gaining strength. I love that I can workout almost anywhere [I worked out in our hotel room while we were on vacation], and I don't need weights or videos or a gym. And best of all, all my excuses for not working out are gone.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I bought the book when it first came out and have been using the program ever since. YAYOG was too hard for me. This is a perfect fit. Challenging but not unattainable. I've been doing Cycle one for 6 weeks, although I was sick last week and missed two workouts. I have recommended this book to lots of people, and I will continue to do so. I've seen great improvement. In addition to building muscle, my balance and my posture have improved. Along with myfitnesspal and walking every day, I'm losing weight and gaining strength. I love that I can workout almost anywhere [I worked out in our hotel room while we were on vacation], and I don't need weights or videos or a gym. And best of all, all my excuses for not working out are gone.

Thanks for posting this! I"m excited about it, hoping to see some dramatic changes!
  • krommama
    Options
    If you have a smart phone, he has an app that is only a few bucks, but it has videos for every exercise and every variation of each exercise. It's nice to see someone demonstrate it in addition to just a description and picture in a book. Let me know if you having any questions or need someone to cheer you on : )
  • krommama
    Options
    There is also a group on here called "You Are Your Own Gym" that has some discussion of the book.
  • azwildcats7
    azwildcats7 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still doing this program? I just finished reading the book and started the eval last night. I'm currently working on the advanced classes of the TurboFire program and was planning on adding this into that to help with strength training. Anyone have good results? Feel free to add me as a friend, I'd love having people doing the same thing!
  • chefgirl866
    Options
    He now as this in dvd form for sale on Amazon.
  • krommama
    Options
    I've been using body by you for seven weeks now, and I'm quite please with the results, especially since I don't have to go to a gym, use a video or weights.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Is this the same ad 'you are your own gym' I here about a lot on here.
  • azwildcats7
    azwildcats7 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's the newer book specifically for women that he wrote but I think pretty similar program wise.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    I've been using it and am on Cycle 2. I liked You Are Your Own Gym, but I much prefer Body By You!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Just came across an exert from the book here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/0345528972/ref=sib_dp_ptu
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Just finished reading the book. Can't wait to get started. Wish the timers on the YAYOG could be changed so I could use it for abode by you.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I just got "Body by You" the other day and I am reading it now. I first bought YAYOG and then found out he had one specifically for women, so I traded the two. It's good to see others post they are using the book and enjoy it.

-Sherry
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just bought Body by You for my Kindle. Reading it now. I was very interested so I jumped on here to check out reviews. I just bought the app for You Are Your Own Gym, and thinking about purchasing that book for my Kindle as well. I have a gym membership, but pretty much only go to the gym for Cardio. Trying to cut back on Cardio and strength train more. Hopefully this will give me the look of body I am hoping to achieve.
  • readthat
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if the people that had it on their kindle were satisfied with the kindle addition. Are there pictures in the book? I have a kindle fire.