I can't find milk in ounces

Options
I'm looking for a selection of fat free milk in the database that's in ounces, not just "1 cup". I've looked through a ton of milk selections, but can't find one. Does anyone know of one?

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen one but I measure in cups. You could always just do quick conversion. Every 2 oz would be 1/4 cup.
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen one but I measure in cups. You could always just do quick conversion. Every 2 oz would be 1/4 cup.

Thank you, I really suck at math..lol
  • Trallaurrum
    Trallaurrum Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1 cup = 8 oz. Approximately. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options

Thank you, I really suck at math..lol

You'll get better at it if you are serious about this :laugh:

There are good online conversion sites on the Internet. I use this one:

http://www.metric-conversions.org/converter.htm

It's really easy to use.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    This MFP entry (a search result NOT marked with *) has ounces as a serving size option

Milk - Nonfat, with added vitamin A (fat free or skim)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    why dont you just get a jug with the measurments on???????????? :noway:
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly googling x oz in cups, or x lb in grams.
  • CchuLosingIt
    Options
    In the database they have 1 cup nonfat milk at 86 cals, and 1 cup 2% milk at 122 cals. The database has 1oz 2% at 15, so if you interpolate using the relationship of skim to 2% in 1 cup, 1 oz nonfat would be 10.6 cals. And to double check... 86 cals in a cup divided by 8oz in a cup = 10.75/oz... close enough.
  • Carol_Magee
    Carol_Magee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This MFP entry (a search result NOT marked with *) has ounces as a serving size option

Yes, this is the one!
  • hilldiggity
    Options
    why dont you just get a jug with the measurments on???????????? :noway:

The jugs say 1 cup is 90 calories, but I didn't know how to break it down after that into a decimal. I forgot you have to do the fraction first.
  • hilldiggity
    Options

I LOVE YOU! :bigsmile:
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Glad you are figuring it out. When you log a food, the amount will usually have a drop down box. It will sometimes give you "the container," "an ounce," "a Tbs" etc. Take a few minutes and look at the choices available and it will help with the math.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Only MFP entries have different 'types" of serving sizes in one entry.

A properly created user entry could have say 100 grams, 1 gram and perhaps the container at 350 grams but note that all 3 are "grams" user contributions can only have one measurement type. MFP official entries (not marked with *, which is also how YOUR personal "my foods" show if you search for that name in the database... * denotes a contribution by ANOTHER MFP user).
    do sometimes have different serving types but the other MFP official entry for milk did NOT have ounces.