Kinda happy ..

Options
Okay so we have been working out on our Wii Active at home .. me and my DH, and sometimes me and my son (he is 7) .. and on part of our "workout" .. we have to do a Walk & Run .. well I've never ran in my life, and we have been doing these exercises for a week or so now. Everytime my husband beats me in the running, but today I kicked his *kitten*!! I didn't even break a sweat .. just kept running .. it felt so great! :) And I'm a lot heavier then him. I totally know now it's not about weight ..it's about health and strength ..and I'm getting better!!

Replies

• melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I needed to hear that too!
  • MandasCorner
    MandasCorner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Way to go Dasha!! That's awesome! Wii is something that we'd like to get sometime when we can afford it. I can't wait for the day that I can just keep up with my hubby when we go for a walk :) Keep up the good work girl!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Kinda happy? You should be totally happy! That is awesome!! Way to go, girl!! :)
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Love that feeling when you can whoop some ones butt. :laugh: Not sure that will ever happen with my hubby but a girl can hope right?! Great job!:wink:
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    'Atta girl!! You showed him!! And you're right, it's not always about weight, exercise helps strengthen your heart as well as improving your lung capacity, for overall health benefits! Keep up the good work!!
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Hahaha That's soo awesome! Keep kicking his booty! I've never been a runner, heck I've never been interested in exercise at all, but the other day I ran for the first time and did really well in my opinion. You are doing a fantastic job Dasha! I'm so happy for you and wishing you all the best everyday!!:flowerforyou:
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you...great job!!
    Now, off subject...how do you get the green posts around your tracker...I have tried everything and can't get anything to come up, like a quote or weight goal etc. Can you help? Thanks for barring with me...:frown:
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! You all are awesome.

To get the wording around the ticker you just write it in above and under the ticker "code" .. hope that helps!
  • rachelleybelle
    Options
    So awesome! My hubby was a college athlete (a runner!) so my goal is to show him up someday. He is the same height as me (ok maybe 1/4 inch shorter) and I know I will never weigh less than he does, so I hope to beat him at something physical like running someday. Currently I can only beat him at backgammon. :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Dasha,
    Realizing you're building your endurance is the most wonderful feeling, isn't it?!:heart:

Great job:drinker: :wink:
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! I'm so very happy for you!! Keep it up xoxoxo Bru
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You should feel GREAT about this! Good for you! Keep pushing you're going to get there!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    How cool is that? !!!
  • BamaRose0107
    BamaRose0107 Posts: 635
    Options
    That is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!