How many times a week do u weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I weight myself once a week, at the most. During TOM I don't bother stepping on the scale at all :noway:
  • unidiverse
    Options
    This week I weighed in 3 times...but starting on Monday I will weigh myself only two times...on Monday and Friday. I want to go into the weekend hopefully feeling motivated to stay on task.
  • Scott2ndGradeTeacher
    Options
    I weigh in every morning at approxiamtely the same time. My "official" weigh in is on Friday morning.
  • GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself, every Sunday mornin', right after I get up and pee, and naked :embarassed: Then I don't look at the scale the rest of the week. I've found that by doin' this, I worry and stress less about my weight. Seein' it fluctuate from day to day used to drive me crazy!
  • mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Every day!! Keeps me on track
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    three times a week for me..Monday, wednesday, and friday!
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    everyday i workout since i use the scale at the gym. i started a spreadsheet in June that records my weight each time so it encourages me and i learn a lot about my fluctuations.
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have weighed myself twice in the past month. I am not that much overweight, but my body fat percentage is way high. I need to rely on how I feel because I can't expect to lose more than 10-15pounds in total. If it doesn't bum you out, you can weigh yourself 10 times a day. If you are easily unmotivated, I would stick to once a week tops.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Once a week and at same time at day of the week. Please don't weigh yourself daily. You'll drive yourself crazy.

Drives YOU crazy. I'm fine with daily weighing.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I stopped weighing myself regularly because I became discouraged with the fluctuations and I was more inclined to overeat due to frustration. Now I weight about every two weeks but I don't have a specific day in mind. I wait until I don't feel bloated, TOM isn't an issue, and I am not retaining water for any specific reason. I weigh in the morning after using the bathroom and before eating anything. If the circumstances surrounding my weigh ins are consistent then I can't make excuses for myself. It seems to be working well for me.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself on days that I look at myself naked and feel smaller/thinner. I don't like getting on the scale and finding out I haven't lost weight or have put on weight. So far, every time I have weighed myself, I've seen weight loss! :bigsmile:
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Every six weeks. I like to see bigger numbers.
  • NainRouge
    NainRouge Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday. More than once a week and I go crazy.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    never
  • RunningGranny
    Options
    Everyday! Helps me set my goals for the day and tells me if my decisions easier in the week had consequences I was willing to live with. Minor fluctuations don't phase me so daily isn't an issue for me.
  • Courtney_0402
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. Typically, Monday morning after I use the bathroom. That's supposed to be the most 'accurate'. You also should remember that if you know you've been following your diet and exercise routine to a tee, but the scale hasn't budged, it shouldn't discourage you at all. The progress is still happening!

=)
  • been285
    been285 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Can't walk past the damn scale without wanting to hop on.
    sooo at least once a day.
    I am it's slave and it laughs at me.
    bye....... later
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I generally weigh-in once a week: same time, same place. If, however, I feel like something has changed (I "feel" lighter or heavier,) I will do an interim check: a positive result helps me stay on track and a negative result will help me tweak my routines so that, hopefully, by weigh-in, I will see results. I don't jump on the scale more than twice a week and never more than once a day.

I see that some people who weigh-in on a daily basis post their average weight on weigh-in days, others the median weight.

What ever works best for you: If you think daily checks help you stay on track, keep doing it; but if it's turning into a compulsive behavior pattern, I would try and nip it in the bud and use another measurement tool like a tape measure or jeans fit to measure your progress.

:smile:
  • Poetic_Photography
    Options
    I usually take my weight every morning just to get an idea of how I'm doing, but I only officially record it once a week. :smile:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I've weighed every day for my entire adult life. I don't obsess with the fluctuations, but if the trend is upward, I know I need to do something about it before it gets out of hand.

I have stayed within a healthy 12-lb. range this way (with the exception of pregnancies) for my entire adult life.