The Art if Henna

Options
anyone interested in henna?

i loove love looooove doing henna on myself and others! i thought id share my new one wtih you guys! i hope yall dont mind!

henna5.jpg

henna4.jpg

henna3-1.jpg

henna2-1.jpg

henna1-1.jpg

and i did this on tuesday, for a friends belly dancing show
henna-1.jpg

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    anyone interested in henna?

i loove love looooove doing henna on myself and others! i thought id share my new one wtih you guys! i hope yall dont mind!

henna5.jpg

henna4.jpg

henna3-1.jpg

henna2-1.jpg

henna1-1.jpg

and i did this on tuesday, for a friends belly dancing show
    henna-1.jpg
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Isn't that a marriage ritual?????
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    How do you do that on yourself like that? It's really pretty art. Your really talented. But I am not sure what Henna is, is that a permanent , like a tattoo?:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Em, you are very lucky you don't live near me... I would be begging you to do some henna on me.
    I wanted to get it done on my belly when I was preggie with my 2nd baby :frown:

I just think henna is beautiful art and you do it so well.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Henna is indeed a marriage ritual. i definitely plan to do some when i get married.

it has become so popular lately. i personally think it is because of its semi-permanence.

to answer your question, henna is actually a staining plant. I personally buy it in the powder form. you then mix it with lemon juice (or any slightly acidic liquid) to form a paste, which you then apply.
    i use bottles with tiny little tips. its alot like decorating a cake!

you let it dry, usually over night, then in the morning it is stuck on, and you scrape the 'mud' off and it leaves this gorgeous reddish tan stain. It is a permanent stain, so on most locations of the body, it sticks around for up to 3 weeks!(until all the stained skin flakes off (the hands go faster with how much i wash my hands!)

it is usually performed ont he palms of the hands and bottoms of the feet.
    the dye takes instantly on these parts of the body and very Very dark! It is harder to achieve a dark color on a tan!

i actually do, however have a real tattoo that looks like henna! it is on my sternum, and here is a picture of it!
    1511722419_l.jpg
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    That looks like so much fun. I really hate tattoos (sorry everyone) but I love the henna stains! Beautiful work, sparkly girl.

Sparkling girl with dye
    slipping swirling round her arm
    sighing how lovely
  • angelbells86
    Options
    You are so talented to be able to do henna. I wish I could! I love anything tattoo related...which is probably why I have so many. Lol
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're very talented...love the belly design!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I love henna!! Always have. I have played around with it for a few years but it's hard for me to do on myself for me. I would love to live near you too!! :laugh:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    bump for today!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    That looks awesome! Did you freehand that or use a stencil?
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    i always freehand my henna. I am a perfectionist! So each of the designs you see here took me about 2 hours
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    i always freehand my henna. I am a perfectionist! So each of the designs you see here took me about 2 hours

:noway:
    You are just so multi-faceted!:happy:
  • brandyjo
    brandyjo Posts: 47
    Options
    I don't know much about henna but I just have to say WOW! you're artistic. You have a real talent!
  • brandyjo
    brandyjo Posts: 47
    Options
    I don't know much about henna but I just have to say WOW! you're artistic. You have a real talent!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I feel like you could be my daughter :laugh: We have so many of the same interests. I need one of my boys to bring someone like you home instead of the dunderheads they bring around :laugh: