motivation after a one night binge!

Options
Good afternoon everyone!

So last night....had a little too much fun and ate WAY WAY too many chips with salsa!!! granted they were blue corn and not the worst late night indulgence but how do you all stay motivated and not hard on yourself the next day? I'm going back to my diligent eating plan and will work out tomorrow morning - It is hard for me to not beat myself up though!!!

Thanks!

Replies

• freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I think you're completely fine. One binge will not harm your progress and might actually help it keep your metabolism guessing. A couple days ago I had a snack cake binge and two days after had found that I lost a pound since my weigh in a week before. It sort of works as a rest day, giving your metabolism and body time to recuperate. Treat it no differently than any other day, just try and prevent it from happening again (or more than once every so often).
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

So last night....had a little too much fun and ate WAY WAY too many chips with salsa!!! granted they were blue corn and not the worst late night indulgence but how do you all stay motivated and not hard on yourself the next day? I'm going back to my diligent eating plan and will work out tomorrow morning - It is hard for me to not beat myself up though!!!

Thanks!

Hey! I am very prone to binge eating and self esteem issues afterwards - So I can completely understand!
    The best thing you can do is trying to "forget" about whatever you ate and whatever happened the day before. Just try to forgive yourself and give it some time. I promise you will already feel better after a couple of days of normal diet plan. And try not to punish yourself too much - such as starving or over exercising. You don't need it! Sometimes eating more speeds the metabolism and it's perfectly fine if you've been dieting especially for a long time.
    Good luck! <3
  • fiferjim
    fiferjim Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    One offs are fine it's when they become the norm that's when the problems start.

A little of what you fancy every now and then is what makes life fun :)
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Meh. It's one meal.

You've got a whole load other meals this week to think about instead.
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    If i start thinkin this way ur never gonna achieve ur goal... U have to remember we are all humNs that have needs... One meal is not going to stop u from reaching ur goal... If u mess up one night who cares... Tomorrow is another day... Dont feel guilty... I cant tell u how many times i was like screw this diet i want to eat what everyone is eating... But as long as its not every meal ur fine...
  • jeda1231
    jeda1231 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone - I am forgetting and forging forward - the stress about it would probably make me gain a pound more than the food! haha
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    burn it off exercise keep it moving & it will happen again ...you just have to keep pushing ...drinking lots of water & move on ....dont beat yourself up you are human & deserve to enjoy yourself its the days u continue to do more than 3 days that adds up 1 day want hurt...:flowerforyou: