How many times a week do u weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Every day. It doesn't work for everyone, but I like it. I know not to panic about weight fluctuations, so it's not a big deal to me. I "officially" weigh-in every Wednesday, though.
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Once a week at the mo but from March I will be weighing once a fortnight or longer if I can. More interested in inches lost and strength now
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but don't stress any up/down. Friday is when I log my weight. And if I happen to be up a little, I don't log that until I am down to my lowest which is never long.
  • miss_believer
    Options
    Everyday. It keeps me focused but not obsessed.
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Once, same time each week. Usually weekends.
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday. Believe it or not, it makes me less stressed about weighing in because I can see daily fluctuations so I know I didn't really "gain weight" when it goes up after a heavy dinner from the night before or a really strenuous workout where I gain water weight. Also, I'm really close to my goal weight so I'm almost at maintenance.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Every Friday, otherwise I get to crazy and psycho about the fluctuations, I also make sure that I weigh the day before I plan on having a cheat day, don't need all that sodium sneaking up on me and making me feel bad!
  • hausisse
    Options
    Three times a week: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, right after I've woken up. I honestly find that I eat less if I don't weigh myself, because if I've weighed myself and I see that I've lost weight I decide that it's okay for me to eat more :p That's why, oddly enough, I find myself losing weight on vacations. lol
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I hate the scale. I'm on it once every 2 weeks, all this talk about water retention I guess.
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Seven, because I'm neurotic.

But I only really COUNT count the one on Sunday mornings.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Generally 3 to 5 times. A day, that is!
    Sounds crazy - but it actually helps me understsnd the fluctuations, so I never stress out at a few high readings (in a typical week, diff between lowest and highest can be 5kg!). My "official" weight is recorded once a week, and I take the highest value I observe over the week
  • ZhinaJalali
    Options
    I don't weigh myself every week. When I was losing weight, I didn't have a scale, so it was only once every two/three weeks. Now that I do have a scale, I don't bother too much. I can tell by the way I look/feel whether I've gained weight or not. As well as by my eating exercise behaviours. The scale can be a bit tricky IMO... You could be smaller but not lose weight or even gain (if you're strength training especially).

Cheers,

Zhina
    www.greekyogurtandskinnylattes.com
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday and log it in an excel spreadsheet to look at the overall trend. I'm super nerdy and like making the graphs lol It has really helped me to see that my weight fluctuates a lot but overall I'm heading in the right direction.
  • meganhills123456789
    Options
    I weigh myself about 8 times a day, and I spend about 3 hours in front of a mirror - is this bad?
  • riverview9
    riverview9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh in 3 times a week. I'de like to switch to calculating body fat percentage weekly. I'm happyy weight is going down but what if its alluscle and water I'm losing?
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I only officially weigh in and record the weight once per week - on the same day, at the same time.
    But, I can't resist stepping on the scale pretty much everytime I see it - I know this is bad, because the fluctuations sometimes discourage me. I need to stop doing this.
    On the other hand, I do like to see how different meals effect my weight loss - and what day of the week I'm actually my lightest.
    I'm thinking about changing my weigh in from Friday to Tuesday - because for some reason I seem to be at my lowest weight for the week on Tuesday morning.
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Probably twice a month at this point...now I go more about how my body feels and my clothes fit
  • kandyice1
    kandyice1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I felt like I was obsessing over the scale when I checked every day in the past. Now, I'm just doing it once a month. It works for me. I stress out less over it.
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    Options
    I weigh whenever I feel like weighing, but the weight I count is Monday morning after I wake up and before eating. I want to see if I need to make adjustments to any fluctuation if needed. Typically, by Thursday, I would see a true loss. If I don't, it's because of hormones, too much sodium, or slight water gain. Nothing to really worry about because I lose fairly easy when I apply healthy habits with nutrition and while active. I'm one of those people that can maintain without trying, but weight eventually creeps up on me if I start eating the wrong stuff.