scale

Options
Hey guys,
The scale I have right now is not vey good.. I could weigh myself once and then again 2 mins later and it tells me i gained 10 lbs which i know is not possible!! anyway im just looking fo opinions on the scale you use.. I am willing to pay a decent amount. I was thinking the biggest loser one as it is on sale this week but dont wanna spend the money if its not worth it.. any opinions on that one?

TIA
Melissa

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    don't know about the BL scale - I have a weight watcher digital scale (30$ walmart) and it's pretty accurate - I can jump on, stomp on, jump up and down on it and always get the same reading. It also give body fat % (approximation) and H20 levels. I think great value for the price.
  • becca09
    becca09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Im the same, my Scales do the same thing, but one thing we did to sort it is we used a spirit level and found a section of the floor that is perfectly straight then we put the scale there and its a lot more accurate. floor boards can ruin everything when it comes to scales. i previously would weigh myself in a different part of the room and it said i was a certain number then 2 seconds later when i reweigh myself it thinks i have put on a lot more. so we moved it to a place that has even floor boards and it told me i weigh 14 pounds more then i thought i was (so my starting weight was actually 14 pounds heavier) it isnt a gain, i just remember that i have still lost 55 pounds its just that the scales were telling me the wrong thing. so get your spirit level out and measure on the floor and find a straight place.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I have a regular digital scale, it is accurate in the sense that it will be the same weight if you weigh yourself twice in a row or move it around on the floor but overall I think its 2lbs heavier than my moms (a WW scale), which is nice!

I bought a body fat scale for $75 on sale for The Biggest Loser competition I started at work and it was depressing b/c it was wrong by 9%! I had mine done by a nurse and was 20% (yes, she used better technology than an at home scale but I am aware the best measurement is the submersed water test) and this scale said 29% EWWW! I was not going to keep that piece of junk, LOL! Returned it!

Get the Biggest Loser One that’s on sale - I love sales!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I have a digital Taylor, pretty accurate. I did notice the first weigh is a little higher so I do it twice. The second and on are always the same. Gives weihjt in pounds, kg, and stones as I found out today! Also gives you Body Fat % And Water &. I paid about $25 at Menards
  • becca09
    becca09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this but going out and buying new scales might be a waste of money. read my post earlier, then when you have found the right spot weigh yourself a few times without moving the scale if they are pretty much the same (not much difference) then its not your scale thats wrong its where it was placed. if the numbers bounce around a lot like they did before then it is a fault with your scale. dont rush out to spend money just yet. if it turns out your scale works fine then you could use that money on something else like a pretty top :)