Does this sound as bad as it feels?

Options
Last night I went a little crazy.

a whole enchilada meal (3 enchilada's, re fried beans, rice, chips, and salsa)
a boston cream doughnut
and an apple pie from mcdonalds

This is way more food than I normally eat. I didn't feel full at all. My stomach doesn't feel bad. Mentally it sucks though. I'm planning on starting to count calories again on Monday (beginning of the week). How bad does this sound to everyone else? My day was pretty normal. Cereal for breakfast, salad for lunch, and light snacks throughout the day. Won't lie, beer (which also adds to the badness) played a part in last nights extravaganza.

It's interesting that I happen to eat like this a few days into not going to the gym (I normally go 1-2 hours a day 7 days a week) but have been sick.

Replies

• Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I would say it's not that bad. It's definitely highly caloric but nothing that can't be fixed with an extra hour or two in the gym this week. You're fine. Sometimes I eat like that too especially if I'm really hungry during my periods.
  • WeightlossBoo
    Options
    It's that dreaded time of the month for me and yesterday I ate over 1000 calories in chocolate alone. I still have a fab deficit for the week though, and I've exceeded all my exercise targets so I won't beat myself up about it and you shouldn't either!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Why wait until Monday to start beck? Hop back on the wagon today and start eating better and exercise. You will feel better for it. Don't beat yourself up! Move on and get back on track! We all do it time to time.
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Why wait until Monday to start beck? Hop back on the wagon today and start eating better and exercise. You will feel better for it. Don't beat yourself up! Move on and get back on track! We all do it time to time.

I didn't catch this. But why start counting calories starting monday? Start it now. You had a not-so-good meal last night. Don't make it worse by not counting this weekend. Weekends are danger days for a lot of people
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You've been sick. Maybe your body needed some extra calories. Who knows? Sounds like a fluke, not a habit, so I wouldn't worry about it. And ESPECIALLY don't beat yourself up over it.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It's been cold here recently and I've been really craving carbs - have just had to have lots of bread/rice/potatoes... take the long view and as long as you don't do that too often, you should be fine.
  • cjcmrn
    cjcmrn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ya I went off the 'wagon' thursday night too. Had a beer and 3 slices of pizza... could've had more but mentally I was like 'what the h*ll' . I beat my self up over it yesterday, then just told myself that it really wasn't that bad, and ate good friday with exercise thrown in. My way of thinking is that I've been really good since starting, no cheating what so ever, so hey it's happened now to go forward again.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    eh.. i wouldnt be to hard on yourself! it sounds like you eat healthy normally and dont eat like that everyday so its not so bad. i do stuff like that too every once in a while.. and yes normally when alcohol is involved hahah dont let it discourage you, you should be fine! :)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious to me, what's the problem?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If only there was a website or app that provided a food diary... then you could log this stuff and see where you stand...
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body was crying out for extra, given you work out every day for such a long period. That can really play havoc with hormones and hunger, and I speak from experience. I personally think 2 hours, 7 days a week is rather excessive and can end up being counterproductive.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    If only there was a website or app that provided a food diary... then you could log this stuff and see where you stand...
    Agreed. A lot of people have days or meals where they EATS ALL THE FOODS. I know I have.

Log it anyway.

For one thing, logging it provides accountability. It often shows you that the "binge" wasn't as bad as you thought. And it's a good reminder to think in terms of calories over time. Even with one bad day, how does the entire week look? Remember, you have to eat 3500 calories over your maintenance cals to gain a pound.

Log it.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time.. then just eat a little less and do an extra gym sesh the next day...cos truth be told... part of that big calorie countyou'd have been eating anyway that day so your actual "over" calories is a few hundred... easily resolved the next day... and sometimes we need a aplurge for our sanity and even the nutrients it gives you!