how to adjust

Options
couple of questions. I have dieting for about five weeks with minimal exercise lost about 19 lbs. and the other day I started started power 90 and now my weight is kinda hanging there. not sure if just a plateau or what. also in the winter months I am very sedetary but soon as it warms up I will be very active doing construction. just wandering what adjustments should be regarding diet and exercise.

Replies

• EmmaStewart45
    EmmaStewart45 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    whilst watching TV you could buy yourself i mini trampoline ans do some jumping whilst watching our favorite telly programmes. Also i recommend a step to go walk on and off whilst watching tv such as a wii board. Just because it is winter doesn't mean you can't do exercise inside.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I checked back over your diary for a few days, hope you don`t mind.

You seem to be doing well with the eating and getting things in a good pattern.

sometimes when you first start something new your body will reach a `plateau` it could be water, it could be a whole lot of metabolic stuff.

I went through this a few times...my advice is keep on with things, push through the `stall` keep on with the power 90 and don`t give up.

One important thing is do not see it as a diet!
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great! You may be hitting a plateau, but hard to tell only a few days in. Not to worry. Making time for exercise is so important, even in your down-time from construction -- and the more weight you lose, the more you'll feel like doing. Good luck on your journey.
  • macummins1959
    Options
    Pound down the water if you are not already doing that. Also be careful not to eat to little thats a weight loss killer.
  • macummins1959
    Options
    Good advice here!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    whilst watching TV you could buy yourself i mini trampoline ans do some jumping whilst watching our favorite telly programmes. Also i recommend a step to go walk on and off whilst watching tv such as a wii board. Just because it is winter doesn't mean you can't do exercise inside.

Just because its winter doesnt mean you can't do exercise OUTSIDE either!
  • hollydetra
    hollydetra Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    couple of questions. I have dieting for about five weeks with minimal exercise lost about 19 lbs. and the other day I started started power 90 and now my weight is kinda hanging there. not sure if just a plateau or what. also in the winter months I am very sedetary but soon as it warms up I will be very active doing construction. just wandering what adjustments should be regarding diet and exercise.

Don't worry - for me, it goes the same way. My theory is that your body is building muscle, while burning fat, for a while - they seem to cancel each other out :( Be strong and diligent though. Here's what I try to remember:

1t0dhw.jpg

You can do it!
  • madcattonycrone1
    Options
    thanks for all the advice! not going to focus on the scale too much more on how I feel. I know I am headed in the right direction. just started power 90 a week ago I like. thinking a little strength training on cardio days. I heard. it was good to keep your metabolism up. any thoughts.