Question for tall girls....

Options
so i've lost a total of 22 pounds since January 1st! i am happy with that but the part that bugs me is it still not showing yet.. my pants are fitting looser and nicer but i am so tall .. at 5'11 ... i am wondering when it's going to start showing and i can go down in pant sizes....

Replies

• RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", and lost my first pants size at probably the 20 lb mark. I went from a size 16/18 to a 0/2 with a 90 lb loss.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Also, it might be showing up in places you wouldn't expect, like your face. You aren't going to go down a size from getting rid of a double chin - not sure if you have that issue, but I did..

That was the first place I lost.
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Don't fear! Don't give up! I started losing weight in October, but it wasn't until Christmas break that I really started noticing a NEED to change pants sizes. I went jeans shopping and voila! I went down two sizes :) Very exciting!

Sometimes the scale moves a lot, but it takes a while to see it. Other times, the scale barely moves but you see a huge change! It all really depends on your body and where you're at/where you need to go...but most important is to NEVER GIVE UP! :)
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" with very wide hips, and it took me at least 20 pounds to go up a size as I gained from my adult low weight. And I expect I can only go down so far, too -- I was a healthy weight in high school and college and never below a 14. I suspect my skeleton takes a size 14.
  • gabijadc
    gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2" - I've gone up and down in my weight through some years but my pants size is always the same. I wish it would go down a bit but I work with what I have :)
  • snowshoermom
    snowshoermom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"11 too and guessing I won't see any changes til I lose about 20lbs too.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    so i've lost a total of 22 pounds since January 1st! i am happy with that but the part that bugs me is it still not showing yet.. my pants are fitting looser and nicer but i am so tall .. at 5'11 ... i am wondering when it's going to start showing and i can go down in pant sizes....

For me@6ft, it was within the first 2 weeks of attempting to lose the weight. I lost on my legs, buttocks, arms, neck up and back first - I literally woke up a little sore and then noticed that it literally whooshed (almost overnight). So around 15 - 25 lbs losses needed a wardrobe change up.

I remember having only just bought some cute pieces from Lane Bryant - and 2 weeks later they did not fit. Had to donate them. Now, I'm really just waiting on my upper hips to de-fat and for the re-composition to do it's magic. lol. Unfortunately we cannot dictate where fat should drop off from first ... Oh if only that was an option ... [sigh]
  • travel4fun
    travel4fun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'9, but I went down a pants size when I lost about 20 lbs. but it took another 5 lbs before people started noticing - that was just this week. Keep at it, I bet you will be jean shopping soon!
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Also, it might be showing up in places you wouldn't expect, like your face. You aren't going to go down a size from getting rid of a double chin - not sure if you have that issue, but I did..

That was the first place I lost.

Yeah.

I had a bra that I'd ordered that barely fit -- like, if I leaned over and then stood up, I had that "extra breast" on each side?

It fits now. Apparently I get to go down a bra size before I go down a pants size.