Hello!

Options
sweetsarahj
sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
Hi Everyone! I am new here- well sort of-- I have been on MFP before but never seem to stick with it. Over the past few years I have gained a few pounds every year and now I am totally fed up with it! I don't fit into half my clothes and I'm determined to lose some weight. I am terrible at denying myself the food I love, although I don't eat a lot of "bad" food, I just eat too much in general! I am a chef and I love food :S I'm trying to work out every day so that I can eat a bit more!
Anyway, if you have any words of encouragment, i would love to hear them.

Thanks!

Sarah

Replies

• kmonyhan
    kmonyhan Posts: 1
    Options
    I am brand new to MFP but wanted to say...YOU CAN DO IT!!! It just takes consistency for the first couple weeks and then you'll get over the hump and start to see things change! Just hang in there!
  • tammy4720
    tammy4720 Posts: 11
    Options
    Sarah, I totally understand how hard it is to stick with a diet. My weight has fluctuated like crazy over the last 10 - 12 years. The Food Diary on MFP has been a great help to me. It was quite an eye opener to see how quickly those calories and fat grams add up!! I was putting way too much crap in my body!

I've only been on here for 2 weeks, but the food and exercise diaries have been great tools for me and of course, all of the encouragement from other dieters. Don't deny yourself the things you love, just eat it in much smaller portions. You can do this!!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    This is my second time on MFP as well, and I think just coming to the website not only to log calories but read posts and talk with others is a great motivator. Especially the success stories.