Where to log middle-of-night snacks?

Options
Every so often, I will get up around 1am or 3am and have a spoonful of peanut butter or a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. Should I be logging these foods as "tomorrow's" foods or "the day before's" foods?

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I must say, I cheat. If I calories from the day I woke up, I log it then. If I don't, I log the next day.

Truth is, your body averages over the days. But it makes me happier to hit my goals every day.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    I work nights 7P-7A so I changed my "breakfast, lunch dinner" categories to 12A-6A, 6A-12N, 12N-6P and 6P-12A, this way when I eat whatever the name of the meal is at 1 or 2AM, it fit better for me. You can change the categories to whatever you like. Even though my shift crosses midnight, I still look at the calorie counts as on two different days. I saw somewhere on the message boards someone added a category of "crap I shouldn't have eaten." I keep meaning to add that to mine.
  • PrinnyMartel
    PrinnyMartel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Usually if I eat after midnight, I add it to the next day.
  • rachaelheaney
    Options
    I tend to just count my days as midnight-midnight. It's entirely up to you! :)
  • wldrose75
    Options
    I must say, I cheat. If I calories from the day I woke up, I log it then. If I don't, I log the next day.

Truth is, your body averages over the days. But it makes me happier to hit my goals every day.

This is what I do.
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    These are all good responses. As long as I log them, it doesn't matter where they go. Thanks so much!
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    If I have left over calories then Iog it for the day before. But if I wake up at like 5 am and eat a bowl of cereal then I log it for that day.
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really matters in the long run. Some people look at their over-all weekly calories therefore as long as it's somewhere, it's somewhere.

I personally would look at the day before...if I had the calories in it, I would add it there (like if I was 70 calories below my goal for that day)....if I didn't have room for it, I'd add it to the new day so I can work the rest of my food around it.
  • SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    Personally, my days don't change until I go to sleep and wake up the next morning, but it is entirely your decision!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever

/thread
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really make a difference, but if I haven't been to sleep/I'm not planning on staying awake, I count it as the day before.