What is your Fitness Pet peeve????

Options
MrFitness972
MrFitness972 Posts: 45 Member
My fitness pet peeve is people who socialize at the gym, more than working out...

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    People who notice what others are doing at the gym instead of focusing on their own workouts. ;)
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    People that don't re rack weights. Other than that I don't really care
  • LauraAshley95
    LauraAshley95 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    People (usually women) who walk tracks/sidewalks in groups of like 5 all beside each other so that you have to walk a mile around them.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    People who notice what others are doing at the gym instead of focusing on their own workouts. ;)

This. Mind your own workout, Nosey.
  • brianna49415
    Options
    People (usually women) who walk tracks/sidewalks in groups of like 5 all beside each other so that you have to walk a mile around them.

This is basically what I was going to say. soooo annoying
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    honestly people who use "1 on 1" sex term as a calorie burn...i think its not right.
  • irbluebutterfly
    irbluebutterfly Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Haha! This or when people put weights in the wrong weight slot. My brother laughs at me because I have to fix it.
  • tallvanurse
    tallvanurse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My fitness pet peeve is people who socialize at the gym, more than working out...

EXACTLY
  • whierd
    Options

Haha! This or when people put weights in the wrong weight slot. My brother laughs at me because I have to fix it.

Same here.
  • whierd
    Options

EXACTLY

Why would you care? When I'm working out I barely even notice other people.
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    Girls who are too afraid to look a little messy! There's a woman who swims at the pool on a lane swim I go to and she swims in full make up, a fully styled updo and fake tan. Not nice.

Also the women who buy all of the expensive running gear - shoes, clothes, iphone/ipod arm strap etc - and then they "jog" (aka run for 5 mins then walk the rest) for 30 minutes round the block every week. So. Annoying.
  • happierandstronger
    Options
    Guys who stand in front of the mirror checking themselves out and flexing their muscles for ages at the gym. Really who are they trying to impress?

(Oh and just for the record I'm not trying to be nosey. When you are at the gym and the treadmill is facing the mirror while you're on their it's kind of hard not to notice lol)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Rain, when I want to play tennis.
  • Sassystac76
    Sassystac76 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My peeve is people who don't wipe down the machine-weights off, after they are done using them!
    :noway: not good manners and kinda really gross
  • happierandstronger
    Options
    My peeve is people who don't wipe down the machine-weights off, after they are done using them!
    :noway: not good manners and kinda really gross

Another thing that drives me nuts!
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Also the women who buy all of the expensive running gear - shoes, clothes, iphone/ipod arm strap etc - and then they "jog" (aka run for 5 mins then walk the rest) for 30 minutes round the block every week. So. Annoying.

please explain to me how that is annoying. they're not spending your money...
  • itsokei
    itsokei Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It drives me crazy when all the cardio machines are full and there are several people waiting for them, but the people using them don't shorten their workout and instead use them for a full hour instead of only 20 or 30 minutes. There are even signs that ask people to limit their time on those machines if there are people waiting for them. Manners, people!
  • RockstarJ
    Options
    Mainly attitudes....at least in the gym. The people being nosey, and people that constantly want to out do one another. I know a friendly competition is good and all but I've seen too many people just making fun of folks they don't even know or something for being weaker....as if they were throwing around tons of weight when they started.

To be honest...I only have one person in the gym to compete with.....myself.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Dogs in races. People who run more than three across. Strollers in races.

ETA- I already excluded most runs that allow these things from my 2013 schedule so it won't be an issue for me. Everyone who can should enjoy a run. I just don't enjoy the company of every kind of runner.
  • Shelialouise66
    Options
    I have a non gym peeve. People on this forum, that jump in on someones thread and have something slick mouthed to say, if you don't agree, don't post. No one cares for your smart mouth answer, there, said it.

I can't stand it when people show up at the gym in jeans, drives me nuts.