Hello

Options
Hi guys! Im 22 years old and weigh in around 230 pounds. i would love to loose some weight but don't have a end goal yet, just would like to start eating better and if it includes weight loss even better :) Im currently in college and live on a budget. Love to get to know people who are in the same boat or anyone who has tips and inexpensive food ideas. Plus i should also add, because of my program i do not have time to go to a gym and i sit at a desk all day.

Look forward to seeing what this site can offer.

Thanks!

Replies

• shanicereyes
    Options
    Hi! I'm Shanice and I'm 18. I'm kind of in the same place as you are, where college budget is involved. I weight 225, I have time for the gym, but I don't enough and when I do, it's probably not as healthy as I should be eating x)
  • andastra
    andastra Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you :) Its tough isn't it, trying to balance school bills and staying healthy. Bills and schools normally win :(
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome. It so good for me to see young people like you wanting to improve their health. I think it would help if do set some small goals for yourself. I don't know what kind of changes you think would improve your health but you must know. Make the goals small and attainable..success leads to more success. For example: buying whole wheat breads and crackers instead of white. Including 2 servings of fruits and/or veggies per day. Having 2 slices of pizza instead of 3 or 4.

If you are in college you must have to walk between classes....that is exercise if you walk with purpose. To improve your circulation, heart strength, and breating all you need is 20 min three times each week. Surely that much is doable. It doesn't cost anything but your time.

Good luck to you. Ani
  • stefanopsimaris
    stefanopsimaris Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Stefan and i have a confession to make... I DON'T EVEN LIFT!!! not even once
  • kimheiman
    kimheiman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a son thats 23 that gained 45 pounds over several years in college. He is now in grad school with no money and time to exercise. He has changed his life around for the better. He started this program in November and has started counting calories and he takes the time to exercises for 45 minutes to 1 hour a day. He does Insanity and has lost over 30 pounds and tons of Inches. He eatspretty normal but just less and has cut out pop and late night snacks. Eat quite a bit of chicken and salads. GOOD LUCK YOU CAN do THIS. We started this program together and i have also lost 23 pounds and about 18 inches. I'm 47 and i exercise also.