Dog Lovers Unite!

Options
Hi all, I'm a mommy of two - a 3 year old boy and a 4 year old long-haired miniature dachshund :laugh: I love love love my dog and yes, my husband and I are those weird people who coo and coddle our little fur baby. :love: My dog loves it and eats up all the attention. Do you have a dog who is really your baby? Tell me about him/her. It's a slow day :)

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,871 Member
    Options
    LOL, we have four shi tzus and two kitties. Our children are grown. So we have our four legged ones now. Jan. 27th was the youngest, Joey's, birthday. He turned 7. For his birthday he and his brothers all shared a buffalo T-bone steak and had white cake with frosting for dessert. They all go to the groomers every other Friday. So they are fairly clean all the time. They sleep with us also. Timmy, the oldest has his own chair in the living room. He does not share! NOT! The shi tzus all go to the dog park every day we have off and more often in the summer months. It is leash less so they get to run and visit all their furry friends. Joey has a way of getting to sit wherever he wants. If another of his brothers is in the spot he wants.....he runs towards the back door barking. When the others chase after and start barking he quickly back tracks and gets in his new spot. It always works. He also loves to help with siding. He spent some time a couple years ago up on the scaffolding with me. If he wasn't up there he was whining to get up with me. Oscar is our chubby one. He is a peoples dog. :) And then there is Cooper. He loves to try and bully the others and bark. Well have to get back to work.

--Shelley
  • leanmama3
    leanmama3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    lol your fur family sounds adorable! thanks for sharing. it was a welcome quick break. now back to work it is :sad:
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,871 Member
    Options
    No problem. Now to the weekend and our children of all kinds. :)
  • DispatcherLangmaid
    Options
    I have 2 female mini dachshunds that I rescued from my work and I love very very much!
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have a big beautiful boy, a rescue greyhound :) His race name was Royal Caymus. He is now named Gerome and he spends his retirement lounging on my couch and cuddling up while waiting for walkies.
  • xDMartinHx
    xDMartinHx Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Have a rescued black labrador, named Ben.
    my son 5 at the time wanted to call him optimus prime .
    kids? i dunno lol
  • nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have 3 female siberian huskies that are monsters (they will not stay in the fence) but I love them and a female boxer who is my baby. She is so smart and goofy and I love her to pieces.
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have 2 Boston Terriers and a Calico cat:-) My Bostons are my walking buddies and yoga buddies..I mean really..they have downward dog down to a T:-) My husband and I call them our "good kids" because they never complain about what is cooked for dinner and the always go to bed when it is time:-) and they don't mind being loved on in public!!
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    photo9_zps4a47b240.jpg
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I do! she is a black GSD and she is my babay. She is funny and makes me laugh. My hobby is finding new toys to keep her interested, she has a toy basket as big as most childrens. I take her to the dog park everyday or close to it, where she runs , plays and socializes. I like to spoil her like a lttle dog, though she is a big girl. My last dog was my souldog, I never thought I could love another dog,yet this one is slowly getting my heart.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I have 2 human kids 13 and 7 and a german shepherd kid .... 2 calico kitty kids and a parrot kid .... never a dull moment at my house :tongue:
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    One spoiled rotten 8 year old Brittany Spaniel. He is incredibly smart. We have to spell things so he doesn't go nuts, and I think he is catching on to that.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah - my daughters are now at school so our babies are Chance, Rex ( as pictured) , 15 yr old border collie Tish and 3 cats - Kiki(15), Lucy and Oreo (6). 2 months ago we had to put Abby down who was almost 19. all rescues. The boys and I walk most days. chance isn't having a good day if he can't snuggle before I get up in the morning.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    We have an 8-year-old American Bulldog named Dexter (or as my 2-year-old daughter calls him, Dessy!). They are inseparable. He's a rescue and a great addition to our family.