nsv-c25k

Options
I had to the worst day of my professional career Thursday night. When I got off work, instead of drowning myself in food for comfort, I chose the gym instead. I started the couch to 5k in January and have been dreading week 5 day 3 this entire time. Well, the time had come... time to face it. I completed the straight 20 minute run, unbelievably with ease. The personal success I felt afterwards helped overcome the professional loss. Ive lost about 9 pounds starting this program but the inches are falling off. I officially bought my first pair of 14s since high school and ran almost 2 miles straight, all on the same day. Now Im looking forward to completing my first 5k!

Replies

• psychedmom
    psychedmom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is an amazing achievement!
  • breajohnson
    breajohnson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful. you should feel absolutely blown away by your accomplishment.
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Very well done!! I used C25k also and loved the program. Same here, dreaded that first 20 min run, but also did it. Awesome job again! and keep it up! Do you have a 5k planned already? I recently participated in my first, and while it was a small one, I placed 3rd in my age group (missed 2nd by a second)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • fattyhamsta
    Options
    Well done!! Love the c25k program just completed a few weeks ago. Though it took me more than 9 weeks I can now run 5k in 35 minutes and am getting faster, one day want to beat my skinny bro!! Well done though, and keep going!
  • carissa317
    Options
    THAT IT SOOOO AWESOME! I am doing the C25K program and I am quickly approaching the 20 minute run! I am so encouraged that you did it! In fact, after reading your post I'm heading to the gym!!!
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    great job! seriously, this day is the hardest of all - it's totally psychological. now that you are past it, you will never go back to being a non-runner - welcome to the club!
  • sparkler2112
    sparkler2112 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!! i started the c210k in November...i had never run before..since then i ran 3.49 miles to my brothers..the "ice man 2 miler" and i am planning an 8 k and 10k in just a few weeks....its addicting...so happy to hear how well you are doing!!!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, we are so proud of you. Your ability to channel your bad feelings into something positive is a role model for us. Thank you for sharing.
  • terikd99
    terikd99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good job. I am just finishing up my first week and I can't even imagine running for 20 minutes. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great post! I am doing that day on C25K tomorrow morning! I've been dreading it! You inspire me. Thanks for this. :drinker:
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I had to the worst day of my professional career Thursday night. When I got off work, instead of drowning myself in food for comfort, I chose the gym instead. I started the couch to 5k in January and have been dreading week 5 day 3 this entire time. Well, the time had come... time to face it. I completed the straight 20 minute run, unbelievably with ease. The personal success I felt afterwards helped overcome the professional loss. Ive lost about 9 pounds starting this program but the inches are falling off. I officially bought my first pair of 14s since high school and ran almost 2 miles straight, all on the same day. Now Im looking forward to completing my first 5k!

HUGE NSV!!
    The c25k achievement is awesome.
    The gym vs. food choice is a lesson that can stay with you a lifetime.

I think you've got this healthy eating thing wired!
  • shrinkinc
    shrinkinc Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yay! Running is awesome.
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Being good to myself physically instead of further sabotabing myself is just now becoming a huge ah ha for me!! I ran off a bad day yesterday too and feel much better at the office today than if I had ate/drank last night and compounded problems. Let's keep it up!!!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    that's awesome congrats!!! i love how a run can clear your head and lift you up!! wtg!
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for the motivation - I'm in the same boat. I'm on W5D1 and D3 has been on my mind since week 1. It's very much a psychological battle and good on you for doing it even though you had an excuse not to!
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome! I find exercise very therapeutic for stressful days. And I would love to be able to run a 5K (run not run/walk) so your thread is making me feel a bit motivated...
  • bear0624
    bear0624 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I was on week 6 last week, and decided to go for it the full 3.1 miles with a time limit. I did it on Sunday and I was so proud of myself! It took me 46 mins.,and have my first 5K on Saturday. I am grateful for the app, because there were times I thought it was impossible. 7 weeks later Im doing a 5K! I have lost about 25 lbs in 55 days and hope to loose another 45!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!