red wine for calories?

Options
I am finding that on exercise days, I just can't seem to eat hardly any of my calories back. Are calories from red wine any better/ worse for you than other calories? Just wondering if I can have a glass or two for some of those calories, or is that worse than other calories?

Replies

• hilarytwilary
    hilarytwilary Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Better than calories from a Big Mac, worse than calories from carrots and hummus.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    Drink the wine.

Life is short. Fill those carbs.
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    As hilary said. Lots of people think a glass of wine is healthy everyday. And if you've earned it and want it, go ahead!

I personally try to eat my calories and have just 1 drinking night a month but this is me... others drink daily others never drink.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    If you don't have any other reason to avoid it, a glass or two of red wine is great on an exercise day. Full of anti-oxidants, can help with muscle inflammation. I enjoy it with a nice hearty meal once or twice a week, especially after a long run.
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Oh, but I also HATE wine so don't follow my example ;) lol
  • stefanopsimaris
    stefanopsimaris Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If It Fits Your Macros... eat that ****
  • kathygingras5
    Options
    You should never drink your calories. A glass is good for you because of the antioxidants and they say it is good for the heart. Try increasing your protein intake and that should take up those extra calories.
  • shelby820
    shelby820 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I drink 5-15oz of red wine daily. So yes, I would say drink it!
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Wine is great in moderation. The best part of losing weight is learning how you can still have some of your favorite things.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    It depends on what else you have had that day. If you have satisfied your protein and fat requirements and have sufficient micronutrients, then wine in moderation is fine. I usually end my nights with a drink or two and a 1/2 cup of ice cream.

Edit: typo
  • stefanopsimaris
    stefanopsimaris Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It depends on what else you have had that day. If you have satisfied your protein and fat requirements and have sufficient micronutrients, then wine in moderation is fine. I usually end my nights with a drink or two and a 1/2 cup of ice cream.

IIFYM... Eat dat shight
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options

This..I budget for it. I find that I actually lose more when I have a couple drinks then when I don't.. probably because I'm more relaxed...= )
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking half a bottle tonight to finish off an opened bottle and to get my calories up. I'll be a hair over calories at the end of the day, but that's alright.