I feel like my weight loss has hit a plateau... help please?

Options
I am constantly hovering up and down between 5 pounds but never getting any lower.
I am eating about 1500 calories a day
I normally go to the gym about 3-5 times a week but I am mixing it up and I have just started the 30 day shred...
I have been counting calories and exercising for a year now and have lost about 10 pounds but cannot seem to progress any further now
Please help me, I am feed up with putting in hard work and not seeing results... I still have wobbly legs, butt and a thick waist :(
Do I need to cut down calories even more? Any help please

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    You're just over 100lbs.

How tall are you?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • romamgrey
    Options
    5"6 with short legs. I'm 123 pounds
  • stevestoyan
    Options
    Try to increase your protein and decrease cabs. What works for me is 50% protein, 35% carbs and 15% fat.
  • badbettie55
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you... I would love to hear what others have to say cause I am FRUSTRATED!!! I lose inches, just no weight.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Don't focus so much on what the scale says. Look at how clothes fit and how your muscles are showing and whatnot (ie, less "wobbly" as you put it). The age old "muscle weighs more than fat" means the number on the scale is going to mean totally nothing to you if you are 130 (example) and a muscular machine while still being lean.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you... I would love to hear what others have to say cause I am FRUSTRATED!!! I lose inches, just no weight.

Congratulations, you clothes fit better and you are thinner!

Other people don't see the number on the scale, they just see you getting thinner. This is nothing to complain about.
  • jamiep926
    jamiep926 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My Zumba instructor recommended to the class about apple cider vinegar. Supposedly it breaks down fat cells to help burn fat. Check out the websites and google search on your time and see if you might consider this too. I tried and lost 1 pound a week doing same diet and exercise as I was doing before I started the vinegar intake.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/apple-cider-vinegar

I take 1 teaspoon vinegar mixed with water (just enough to drink the vinegar) in the morning in an empty stomache and then j eat my normal breakfast. I was told to set a timeline when starting this detox( no more than 2 months). Even people with diabetes use the vinegar method to lower their bad cholesterol.? Not sure but was told.
    Anyway, I tried for over 4 weeks now and surprised every week as I weigh myself in.