Hello all. I'm new, good to feel I'm not alone :)

Options
:wink: Hello everyone
Having 'done' weight watchers, lighter life, slimmimg pills...the lot! I thought I'd try this approach! Ilove the way it tells you
"if you eat like this for 5 weeks you will weigh...."!
I have a stone to shift which is really depressing as it's the same stone I keep gaining then losing, oh well here we go again. I have had a few personal problems recently and basically eat through unhappiness but of course the weight gain just adds to that sadness I feel. Trying to get a more positive approach to lite, would love to become friends with anyone in a similar situation. Thanks x

Replies

• AkAmber
    AkAmber Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi Sally! You're definitely NOT alone! I'm just starting out too - AGAIN - and have the same pounds to lose as well. A lot more of them, though! I think you'll enjoy this place. For me, so far, it's the perfect mix of accountability and not dominating my whole life. Ya know? :)
  • relicsloft
    relicsloft Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I got stared all too young on the diet rollercoaster... and it has done nothing good to me or for me. i feel great doing this calorie aproach. i am paying attention to what i take in but i am not limited and i dont feel like one bad meal is going to ruin me... in fact with that note at the end i know i will just be 267 in 5 weeks instead of a greater loss and that is motivating to be better during the day. so tonight it said 261 and i am ok with that. I am glad you are here and that you are enjoying this life changing practice. i hope to never do another diet again... well just never think of it that way.

Andrea
  • sazstar
    sazstar Posts: 2
    Options
    That's a great way of looking at it, not a diet! This is I guess the 'old fashioned' way of losing weight, counting calories. You are right, it means that you keep track and don't feel you cannot have what ever you chose but in moderation which I guess is what it's all about reallly isn't it?! I suppose that Weight watchers is the same but the point system takes more working out whereas the calories are always shown on most packaging in foods. Are you 'counting' vegetables too? Seems like everyone is doing well so that's nice and positive :)
  • relicsloft
    relicsloft Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    oh moderation how i wish i knew you... yesterday i had 10 scoops of sour cream thru out the day, i logged it tho. sour cream is not that bad really, thank goodness! i was over my fat by two but under in calories. I have been doing fruit for breakfast, portion conroled lunch, like lean pocket, and starting with one portion of things for dinner and eating a salad first. i can have more dinner or have a dessert... but i have been having some left over calories i feel good about so i feel good writing in my snacks no matter how rediculous they are.