New and looking to lose 100lbs!

Hello everyone, after dealing with Graves Disease for four years I have gained a lot of weight. I am now prediabetic and want to reverse it. Any suggestions and motivation is greatly welcomed

Replies

• I have found the calorie counting does a great job getting the weight to start coming off. Also seeing other peoples before and after pics can be very inspiring. Good luck!
  • Working out *which makes me miserable, ****ing hate working out!!!!!* and counting calories.
  • Hi,
    I've lost 136lbs, 16" off my waist and gone from a 4x shirt to a L.
    I still want to lose another 25lbs, but I am pretty much a totally different person to who I was several years ago. And I did this despite some serious medical issues that really limited my workout options.
    So yes you can do it. You just have to really, really want it and understand this is not a sprint. There are no magic bullets and there will be setbacks along the way.
    Trust me though, it is worth it.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Hi,
    I've lost 136lbs, 16" off my waist and gone from a 4x shirt to a L.
    I still want to lose another 25lbs, but I am pretty much a totally different person to who I was several years ago. And I did this despite some serious medical issues that really limited my workout options.
    So yes you can do it. You just have to really, really want it and understand this is not a sprint. There are no magic bullets and there will be setbacks along the way.
    Trust me though, it is worth it.

^^This, 100% I lost 75 lbs. and gained most of it back. You do have to become a different person, but change also happens gradually. Start making changes you can live with, and don't become discouraged if you gain some weeks, or maintain without losing for a time. I hit a plateau for 3 months one time. I'm at a plateau right now. Stay the course, and it will break. You can also find some good tips here on how to try to break it. Exercise within your means. I have Fibromyalgia. Today, I did an hour of hard biking on my recumbent bike, and free weights on top of that. On a bad day? It's difficult to move, and exercise is out of the question. Weight loss is more about diet than exercise anyway. And be sure to log your calories everyday. If you don't keep an eye on things, that's when it creeps up on you. You can lie to yourself, but the scale has no qualms with telling you the truth.