Water Intake.

Options
Ever since I started running, I have been downing a lot of water to make sure i get proper hydration. I drink over 64 oz of water, probably about 11 glasses of 8 oz. My problem is though I find myself having to go to the bathroom A LOT!! Like almost every hour! Or sometimes I can wait an hour and half or so, but I find myself not wanting to go places where I know there won't be a bathroom nearby!! Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• manry74
    manry74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes. The more fluid in the more most come out.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I drink about that much too in a day, and it seems like every half hour I'm going. I've heard the longer your doing it, the more used to it your body it will become, and hopefully less visits to the bathroom.

You're not alone!
    Bad side effect of drinking alot of water! But great long term results!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yes, me too. Sometimes I don't even make it an hour... The work bathroom is a good ways down the hall, so I use that as an opportunity to sprint there and back...hah!
  • amg5157
    amg5157 Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm up to about 160oz a day....i've got to a point where I dont go as often. Your body just has to adjust...it will over time. Mine did. :-)
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    I drink TONS of water in a day..sometimes up to a gallon..for me, I have been doing it for so long that I can go hours without having to go to the bathroom. I think it's because my body is so use to it. Eventually it will get better for you but don't stop drinking that water!
  • sunnyskys
    sunnyskys Posts: 43
    Options
    sames here i drink 11 to 14 8oz cups a day, i go to the bathroom a lot but i have noticed my complexion is better, i feel better in general and usually I am not as "hungry" as I was before I started drinking more water and less of other beverages. I also noticed though that I do not sweat as much as I used to when not drinking as much water and that I don't seem to get as odorous (smelly-stinky?) as I did before when I exercise. The toxins that we take in are diluted by the water and easier to get rid of and your urine should be getting clearer.
  • sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    Options
    I'm up to about 160oz a day....i've got to a point where I dont go as often. Your body just has to adjust...it will over time. Mine did. :-)

IMPRESSIVE!!! 20 cups or water a day!! Wow! I wouldn't be able to sit still.
  • sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    Options
    yeah I just had this talk with my sister, who seems to be allergic to water. (If you read this Nicole - I love you...lol) I was saying that it is pretty annoying to have to go so much. I usually go like twice in one hour. I can't wait until my body gets more used to it.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    It's not a problem, it's basic cause and effect. You drink, you pee.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I usually drink about 100 oz a day as well. It took awhile but my body finally adjusted. The days I notice I go more is when it's flushing out excess sodium and I usually see a good loss on the scale the next day. Gotta love the perks of weight loss!! :drinker:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton of water too. I don't mind the hourly bathroom trips. Gives me a chance to stretch my self out.

However, where does this mysterious "cup of 8oz" water come from? I don't think I've used an 8 oz cup for anything since I quit drinking sippy cups. I slam a 52oz monstrosity almost all the time.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I drink 80-100 oz a day myself. Less than that and my systems don't work too well.

But I don't pee every hour. I think maybe my body has gotten used to it. Or maybe I really need that much and you are drinking more than you need??
  • Trish02
    Trish02 Posts: 25
    Options
    I usually down a gallon a day. Its a good benefit because your body is flushing all the negatives out which is a positive to numerous things like lowering your blood pressure! :happy: And during your menses you won't have that bloating feeling and will have a lot less cravings. Eventually your body will get used to it and hey at least your also get your kegel excercising in too! :drinker:
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    its very hot where i am today but its worth mentioning that in cold weather when you are wrapped up and prone to getting warm in your clothing you must drink as much water as in the summer---a normal amount for an ordinary temperate day is 1litre according to the doctors---you can actually drink too much water and cause damage to your organs--it can be fatal!
    (the water sales people spread the fact you should drink more than a litre). There is a lot of water within the food you eat and therefore is a hidden source
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I drink on average 16 (8 oz) glasses of water a day and I only go to the washroom 4-6 times a day. your body adjusts. But some people do have smaller bladders and will need to go more often even when their body is adjusted though.