Hydration Packs/Vests for Women Runners

Options
Any suggestions for hydration packs/vests specific for women who are training for marathons? Looking for something that will not only fit will, but also has storage space.

Replies

• trail_rnr
    trail_rnr Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    We're lucky in that manufacturers are finally making nice running packs for women!

I've long had a Nathan Intensity and use it for my shorter long runs in remote places. It would probably be a good marathon training pack. It wears more like a vest; I find it very comfortable and it has plenty of pockets for lip balm, food, etc. For very long runs or runs where I need to carry a lot of stuff (like if the weather is changeable), I use my Salomon pack. It's not female-specific but it is so, so awesome; the front straps stretch to accommodate a female chest. I love this pack. I know several gals who have UltraSpire packs and they seem to be happy with them, and they do have female-specific models. A friend recently demoed one of the new Nathan race vests and loved it; it doesn't look like it's available yet, though. Finally, I know that Gregory is now making a pretty sweet line of running packs. I haven't tried one but am looking forward to it.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I don't run, so I can't speak to that, but I got my pack from Walmart. It has enough storage for my wallet, keys, snacks and a bungee to hold my jacket.
  • Mandatrain
    Options
    I love my camelbak. I ran a half with something similar to their Dart bag.
  • rachgolds
    Options
    Has anyone tried any of the North Face packs for women?
  • agottshall2013
    Options
    My friend and I just ordered the Nathan X-Ceed 2.0L packs for a trail marathon we are doing in May. I can post how we are liking them once we get them in the mail and do a few training runs in them...