Plateau Question

Options
I have finally broken a plateau and have lost 2 pounds this past week. My question is, how much could I lose before I hit another plateau? Does it happen every 10 pounds, etc? Please let me know how often you hit a plateau or how much you lost between them. TIA

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's different for each person. I hit my first plateau after losing 24 lbs. (10% of my bodyweight). I've only managed 1/2 lb. loss in the last 3 weeks. But I plan on continueing to eat right and exercise. Maybe mixing up my exercises a little and trying some different foods will help, too. Good luck to you. Keep keepin' on!
  • marcuscross104
    marcuscross104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sorry about asking a stupid question, but whats a plateau?
  • lisanhorowitz
    lisanhorowitz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When you do everything right, but you don't lose weight. (i.e. create a calorie deficit exercise and lose nothing)
  • JustMeDanie86
    Options
    I had a plateau after 10% total body weight was lost also...for about 3 months, or so I thought. I had begun exercising and was gaining muscle (which weighs more then fat, but takes less space). So then I started paying more attention to my measurements and found that while I wasn't loosing pounds, I was still shrinking! So technically it wasn't a true plateau the whole 3 months. After gaining more muscle, it must have started to burn more fat because I started to drop pounds again! Don't give up!!! And track measurements (arms, legs, hip, and waist). Hope that helps!
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I think my plateau is starting to show signs now with me! I am doing everything right and weight going very slow. 15lbs lost so far. I need to digg deeper now!
  • CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I hit mine and getting extremely frustrated! I lost 24 lbs in the 1st 30days and haven't lost any weight since, which has been 2 weeks now. Still eating right and exercising everyday. These Plateaus suck
  • enster
    Options
    Me too :( I have been stuck in a plateau for over a month after losing close to 30 in 3 months. I am trying to increase my intake calories from 1200 to 1400 (net) and keeping my exercise (4 to 5 times a week). Hope I get out of it soon.