Digital Scale recommendations!

Options
I'm really annoyed... I've only had mine a couple months and the battery already seems to crapping out. Not only that, I put 2 10 lb dumbbells on it and it came back as 20.4 lbs.

Maybe I need a new one? Suggestions and where you go it?

Replies

• kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just got the Fitbit Aria scale and love it. It is expensive ($129) but syncs over wifi to my Fitbit account which in turn syncs with MFP and also reads body fat.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I love the Withings scale I have and and syncs with an app on your phone or iPad and also with MFP. I would recommend it for sure
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love my aria as well (but I'm also a totalt fitbit addict)!
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I got the Tanita BC-541 Body-Fat Scale (full body composition scale with bone mass, body water, LBM%, body fat%, etc). I LOVE it. I'm fairly big (at the moment) and wanted a body fat % to accurately calculate daily calories - most of the cheap body comp scales I tried offered wildly ridiculous numbers or just plain couldn't - the Tanita is very very sturdy, easy to read and has nice big user buttons you can press with your toe. It's on the dearer side ($100-$150AU online) but IMO is well worth the dollars :bigsmile:
  • crystal2point0
    crystal2point0 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I got my digital scale from walmart a couple years ago and I love it. I tried to get the brand name for you but in true walmart fashion there is not a single brand name anywhere to be found on that thing.

im intrigued by the Aria but not interested in spending 129 for it. Mine was about 30, lasted me this long without changing the batteries.

maybe you just got a bad "apple"?

good luck
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Fitbit Aria. I love that its the only scale I've ever had that reports the same weight if you step on it twice. Plus I love that I can step on, wait a few seconds and let the scale upload my weight without having to ever actually look at the weight. It is expensive, but I got it as an Amazon Gold Box Deal back around Christmas for less than $100.
  • vu_kristi
    vu_kristi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Withing scale...tracks weight.body fat n bmi...I just step on it n it records on my phone or laptop....tracks up to 5 people....is very kool
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Withings scale, not cheap, but I like it.
  • artofbs
    artofbs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love the Fitbit Aria. Have also linked it to the TrendWeight website which tracks your weight trend. A good way to jump on everyday and not worry when you have small ups and downs.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Eatsmart precision plus bathroom scale -- a bargain at $37. I've had mine only a month, but I love it so much that I bought a kitchen scale from the same company.

Check out the reviews:
    http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE
  • Mom0819
    Mom0819 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm really annoyed... I've only had mine a couple months and the battery already seems to crapping out. Not only that, I put 2 10 lb dumbbells on it and it came back as 20.4 lbs.

Maybe I need a new one? Suggestions and where you go it?

That's about right - dumbbells are notorious for NOT being right - there is no standard.