Running and Insanity

Options
I have been running everyday. 2-2.5 miles right now...more in the future. I am starting Insanity on Monday. Would like some friends that are doing similar activities. Age, weight, height, doesn't matter. :)

Replies

• GingerBiscuit_19
    GingerBiscuit_19 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My trainer has set me a goal - I have to be able to run for 5mins non stop by 13/03/2013.. I cant run at all and im terrified. Im 231lb. Am I even ready for this? !
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My trainer has set me a goal - I have to be able to run for 5mins non stop by 13/03/2013.. I cant run at all and im terrified. Im 231lb. Am I even ready for this? !

You'll be amazed at what you can do! Walk on the treadmill as normal. For 30 seconds run. Just 30 seconds. And then each time you go increase it by another 15/30 seconds.

I normally run (jog) at 8.5 speed on the machine. Managed to get up to 12 today! only for 2 minutes, but i did it!
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Istarted insanity a week ago,but haven't made it out for my run at all this week - more to do with the snow than the insanity though. Hoping to get back to it if it warms up at all soon. Feel free to add me if you want.

I couldn't have run for the first couple of days - OW! - but by day three I reckon it would've been ok
  • neu27
    neu27 Posts: 33
    Options
    That's crazy because before I even went into the community I posted that I was going to continue my treadmill but start insanity tomorrow!! You got this and so do I! Add me!
  • Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was always a run for a few minutes and stop person. Look at me now! ok I walk from time to time, but there are so many hill and wind! haha loving it!
  • neu27
    neu27 Posts: 33
    Options
    well you'll lost a good amount! you def getting it!!
  • Starbuck2020
    Options
    I think I added all of you lol! Can't wait! My weight loss so far has been hit and miss, but I am so ready to get "hard core" haha.
  • GingerBiscuit_19
    GingerBiscuit_19 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

You'll be amazed at what you can do! Walk on the treadmill as normal. For 30 seconds run. Just 30 seconds. And then each time you go increase it by another 15/30 seconds.

I normally run (jog) at 8.5 speed on the machine. Managed to get up to 12 today! only for 2 minutes, but i did it!

I will give it a go! 8.5 seems reasonable. I walk at 6. Also slightly scared of breaking the treadmill, coz i am very heavy. Thanks for your advice, and well done today getting up to 12! That probably did wonders, even at two minutes worth :)
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

I will give it a go! 8.5 seems reasonable. I walk at 6. Also slightly scared of breaking the treadmill, coz i am very heavy. Thanks for your advice, and well done today getting up to 12! That probably did wonders, even at two minutes worth :)

I'm quite short so 12 is like a sprint for me at the moment but I will keep pushing it. Try 7.5 to start that should be a slight jog if 6 is a brisk walk for you
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Insanity was not designed to be stacked with other forms of exercise. Most of these 60/90 day body transformation plans are so rigorous in their schedules they leave no room for supplementing with additional exercise. If you do you won't get the rest your body needs in between workouts. If you want something you can supplement with running either put your own schedule together or do Rushfit. But generally anything that has you following a 60/90 day rotation of workouts does not allow for additional exercise.
  • maxowensmom
    Options
    I watched the Insantiy infomercial this morning and I am thinking about ordering it. Did you already order?
  • Starbuck2020
    Options
    I was worried about adding it to running, but I read a lot about it and don't think it will be much of an issue. It seems to be a problem if you are training for the big distances. I am only doing 5k's for the next couple months so my running is pretty light.

Yes I have it already. I got it from a friend though, didn't buy it.
  • JeremyGa
    JeremyGa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Personally I saw go for it. Your body will tell you if it's too much when/if your to sore to run right. Haha! I started insanity today myself and i will admit it's pretty freaking intense, i love it!