Support needed been logging daily for 130+ days!

Options
So a little about me been on here since late sept/ oct 2012 have lost a total I'd 39+ lbs! However for the last five weeks have been stuck in the dreaded plateau! I try to hit the gym 3-4 times a week an when not there am trying to get at least 10k steps a day. My change in life style got started with me being simply sick and tired of what I had become, the death of a loved one way too soon, and some other personal issues. I signed up for the y and got hooked to Les Mill
Body combat which i still do about twice a week but that darn scale won't budge! Anyway my friends list is light looking for some new friend for support with similar loss goals, or people who have been doing this awhile and want to offer some constructive advice or hints to what may have worked for you.

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I've logged over 190 days and have lost 24 pounds. I'm on the site daily. Multiple times a day. I like to think I'm pretty supportive and love it when others are supportive as well. Today I finally pushed through my plateau. I lost one pound last week. The first pound in over six weeks. Ugh. I'm hoping the next pound doesn't take 6 weeks to come off.

You can add me if you want.
  • GregJourney
    GregJourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am not really sure why you are stuck. Looking at your diet you have lots of healthy options and workout regular. I find I get my best results when I really control my sodium intake, eat 4-5 servings of veggies and mix up my workout routine.
  • searchkimmy
    searchkimmy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would love to buddy up with you! I do the les mills classes too and I have been looking for someone else that is. The hardest part about a plateau is not giving up. It's happened to me in the past and I just gave up and binged and ended up gaining 20 more pounds. Have you tried a body pump class? I just warn you the next day after that class the scale always goes up so don't weigh the day after that.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of in the same boat as you, a little. I was doing really well (lost almost 15lbs) and I plateaued for 3+ months. I couldn't figure out why. So I got really discouraged and started stress eating, and gained all but 5 lbs back within a month. I totally reset my 'ticker', and am restarting...hopefully for the LAST time. I'd like to think I'm pretty active on here, and be supportive as I can. However, I am a full time student so my life may be a little hectic and may not have time to post a lot of stuff every day. However, I am on a 160+ day streak, so that's good news, right? lol Feel free to add me!!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    It's more about what you eat than what you do. What you do is important for your health, but not for overall weight loss.

That being said, I can't see your food diary. So I don't know if you are over estimating your workout calories and eating them back. If you are overestimating your workout calories AND eating them back, then I'd suggest eating only half back. Just try it, and see what happens. You might be overeating and didn't adjust your diary to match your new weight.

But if you are eating too little, then you may need to bump your calories up by about 200 cals. But again I can't see your diary so I don't know what advice to give.

The point is to try something different in your food diary. You have to try something or you will get frustrated.
    Good Luck.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau around 40 as well and it took me a while to break it. I did a few things

1) Went low carb for about 2 weeks just to shock my body - you could try any sort of change in diet (IF/Raw/Juicing) just hit your body with something different.
    2) Added some HIIT/cardio type stuff (I mainly only weight lift) Just to shock my body, so maybe if you are only doing cardio try some weights in addition 2 days a week or something.

Good luck - feel free to add, the support makes it much easier
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau around 40 as well and it took me a while to break it.

I wonder of this is happening to me as well. I have been stuck at the same weight for 2 months now and it's discouraging as all hell
  • princessanna2662
    Options
    I am going to try and reduce the cArb intake and see if that helps. I thought I was doing fairly good keeping it between 150 -200g a day, but I must admit there isn't a whole lot of variation in my diet, except for dinner but still that is usually chicken or turkey since I don't eat red meat. I do try to do weights at least one of the two of the four days, but obviously i need to switch something up! Thanks for the advice!