HI Everyone!

Options
I`ve been logging for a month already first from another location but couldnt get answers to questions that I need answered so I came here, I have quit smoking now for 1 year and 3 months an need to get rid of the extra weight I gained from not smoking, I feel this is a good time as I have the no smoking done with now, it s time to get in shape and get rid of those extra pounds, I know I will give myself a good year to lose and to get in shape and then to stay that way, I started at 174 now down to 162 but I have been sticking there right now, just like other people I was confused with the fact about the exercising calories but now realize you need to eat them so I ve been doing that and thats why I think I`m not losing any more???? hope that will change soon, I feel this site is alot easier than the last on I was on, I need to lose 40 pounds an my exercise at the gym is getting stale so any suggustions, I have one bad knee blow it out in a game of tug and war ( won`t be doing that again) lol
:laugh:

Replies

• helens2304
    helens2304 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi

I gave up smoking 6 years ago and put on 4 stone! Thankfully , I've lost most of that but have pretty much stalled on the last 1 stone! Like you I have tried eating/not eating/exercising/not exercising - happy to share successes and failures ;-)
  • nationallazer
    Options
    Well why is it you start something then you get another hurdle in your way,:noway: sprained my ankle last Saturday by slipping on the ice, should have been more careful, found myself getting depressed :cry: because I couldn`t workout, that didnt last long went to the gym anyway, still got on the cross trainer since it didnt really move my ankle, this week will be better almost healed so back to the gym on a regular bases :smile:
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Welcome.....I think anybody that drives a school bus has my respect as I am a parapro in a Kindergarten class of 20 children. I can't imagine how you can deal with the noise level on the bus......Add to that the fact that you live in a cold climate and have to deal with driving on the snow.....wow.

This is a great site and support is great. I worked with a trainer to lose most of my 20lbs, but I credit this site and logging to my maintaining the loss.

Good luck. I'm sure you will be successful as you were able to quit smoking and that is so hard!
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm a little on the newest side here too. However, I'm loving this community. As for eating your exercise calories or not, I generally choose not. I do allow them as a little buffer. For example if by goal is 1400 and I spin for an hour it makes my goal somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000. I still shoot for eating 1400, but if I splurge and eat 1500 or 1600. I'm still golden. So far this is working for me and I don't fell like I'm denying myself. The other thing I have found, for me, everyone find your own balance. I eat real food. No diet sodas, no artificial sugars, no fat free (unless it is yogurt or skim milk) and I really, really try to stay away from processed foods.

Congratulations on quitting smoking! That is major major major. I know, I quit almost 8 years ago after smoking for close to 40 years. You are doing awesome!