65 pounds down. Halfway there!

I'm still on my journey with a long way to go... but I am so excited about reaching this milestone that I had to post.

I've been heavy most of my life. I was a chunky baby, but not really a heavy kid until I hit 6th grade and started packing on the pounds. I broke 200 when I was 17. I hit my highest weight of 295 when I was 27. I remember thinking I would throw myself in traffic if I ever hit 300. :embarassed:

Thus began the yo-yo. I did Atkins, I did NutriSystem, I did no fat, I did random "lose 10 pounds in 7 days" type diets. Anything but actually control my eating and get some exercise. I went up and down the same 40 pounds over and over again.

Then I separated from my ex husband in 2008 and actually started feeling better about myself. Slowly I lost some weight. When I joined MFP on New Year's Day this year, I was at 245.

As of today? I'm halfway to my goal weight. I've had so much amazing support from the people here, my current husband, and my mother and sisters who are on here with me. I can't wait to see what I'll look like with the next 65 down. :bigsmile:

92721_7466.jpg92721_2127.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!