Milestone Birthdays....

Options
Turning 30 was a breeze... even turning 40 was easy for me.... but now that I'm almost 5 months from turning 50 years old I've got that uneasy feeling. It seems like a bigger deal to me. 50... it sounds like I'm older... oh brother, I am older! Older and wiser? LOL!!I wish I had started being serious about losing weight sooner. Is anyone elso feeling like me?

Replies

• wiebelnancy
    wiebelnancy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!! Just turned 50 on Valentine's Day!! 30 was a breeze, 40 was not bad either, but at 50 I feel like I have to admit to being at least middle age. LOL!! I decided in Oct. of 2012 to make fifty fabulous instead of frumpy. I have lost 28 lbs using MFP, diet and exercise. I plan to lose about 20 more pounds. This has been a huge positive change for me. You can meet any goal you set for yourself!! Just do It!!
  • beth363
    beth363 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday!! ... and congratulations on losing 28 lbs so far!! That's awesome!
    Thank you for your reply to my post! It's nice to know someone understands! :flowerforyou:
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    At 36 I am thinking about this sometimes but I always conclude that all of my family lived until 90+. So even when I turn 50 I will have another 40 years to live holy sh...! So 50 all of a sudden sounds really young :))
  • beth363
    beth363 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ah... perspective! That's a good way to look at it! So... I better get my butt in gear and move and be the best I can be now and at 50... 60, 70, 80, 90... or whatever years I've been given to live!
  • tscarbro0819
    Options
    I'm turning 45 this year so I feel your pain. It's weird though that my kids keep getting older, but I don't. My oldest will be 25 in July, and I'm pretty sure he's now older than me...LOL
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'll be 49 in July. I know how exactly how you are feeling. I look and feel better than I have in my entire adult life! Sure wish I had figured this out sooner, but at least I'm (hopefully) going to be healthier for the rest of my life. =)