added weight and started going back down

Options
Sorry the topic was supposed to be added exercise and started going back down. Don't know how to edit the title. :( Anyway, I gained 0.4 pounds this week. Last week i lost 2.9 pounds i think because i got sick with the flu and lost a little quicker than i normally do, but i gained it all back very quickly in the first 3 days after I was feeling better. This was not because i was eating over calories, i was eating within my calorie range. On day 3 of this gradual weight gain of .7 pounds day I was up to 2.1 pound gain by day 3 i joined fitness 19 and stared to exercise every day for the next 4 days and started losing the weight i gained post flu. I still am up a little but it is actually down if that makes sense because i finally added exercise to my program.

Replies

• stanluoser
    Options
    You were probably losing more water when you had the flu and that caused a lot of weight change. Also your body temperature rises so it burns alot more, it's like a thermogenic where one takes it to lose weight because your body burns fat faster. After your body got rid of the flu, water starts retaining again like normal and probably that's what caused the weight gain.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    There's no question here