Today I cried with happiness - NSV

Options
Selunca
Selunca Posts: 208 Member
I don't often cry with happiness. The birth of my wedding day, the birth of my daughter, etc. But today I cried in happiness.

After being at a stale mate with the numbers on the scale, they finally started moving again, slowly, but moving. I was however losing inches of my waist, but that number was still getting me down.

So going grocery shopping today was making me anxious and blah. But, I got through it. I started pushing my loaded cart out the front doors, and as I cross out into the outside, I see my sister walking up towards the store. I hadn't seen her since Christmas, because we work different schedules and rarely get to see each other, plus we're not very close.

So of course I holler "Hey you!!" is a happy voice, and start to walk towards her. She looks up for a moment, then continues on her way. I thought "WTF" and thought maybe she was just being .. a sister *cough* So I said her name.

She looked up again and her eyes went to the size of dinner plates. She walked up to me and said "Oh my god, your so tiny!" I wanted to cry right then and there but instead said thank you very much, we talked for a few minutes, and then I went to my car and teared up :)

I didn't think 17lbs would be that much of a loss to notice, but apparently to my sister I have changed a ton. <3 She made my night.

Replies

• LizardQueen4PointOh
    Options
    This is so wonderful! I had a similar experience last weekend with my sister. We met up at a restaurant and I was talking to her on the phone while she was already inside and I was standing in line waiting. She was looking at me and didn't even recognize me. :smile:
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hah, that's awesome!
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    this is great!
  • Dianecg
    Dianecg Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to having that experience with my sister! :-)
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    That is such an awesome NSV! Congrats. It sounds like it came at just the right time too!
  • akilahleemarie
    akilahleemarie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Now that is a NSV :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    LOL one of the girls I work with in the office called me tiny one day too-- that's not a word that has ever been associated with me...not EVER until now!
  • gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm from a family of very over weight people, except my dad. I'm meeting my brother and his family (all are over weight) in May for Myrtle Beach bike week. And can't wait for that "WOW" factor. Maybe seeing me will help them to lose the weight. Fingers crossed
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV! Good for you!
  • shadiel
    shadiel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Nice, others can always see what we cant.
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Options
    Awesome! What a great NSV!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    That's funny! Nice job!
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    This is great news! Looking forward to the day when both me and my sister are "unrecognizable" to each other!
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That's so great!
  • honeybunny32
    honeybunny32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome! (MY favorite word lately) I'm getting together with my family in May afters months of not seeing each other and I hope I get the same reaction!
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Awwwe I love hearing stories like this! I had a similar experience when I was shopping for smaller jeans (yay!) and ran into a former customer and I spoke to her and she acted like she didn't know me, just being polite....but as I was shopping she kept peeking around the clothes racks at me....then she approached me and said, "Are you Holly?" lol...she said she thought she knew me but couldn't place me, then she realized who I was and was flabbergasted (love that word)...I think I had lost around 30 pounds at that time and was able to shop in the regular sizes...but she hadn't seen me since those 30 pounds had come off and I am the type who looks completely different depending on my weight...

I have family coming to visit in the summer and I can't wait for them to see me...if I continue with my weightloss I should be at goal by the time they arrive so it is a great motivator for me :)
  • Rado_SVK
    Rado_SVK Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Nice! The longer you work on yourself,the stronger you will become.and your results more rewarding...by the way,my sister lives in Cedar Rapids :) in the Cedar Hills area...oh I loved the morning running in the Cherry Hill Park when I was visiting..and loved the Stoney Point YMCA...I worked out there 4 times during my week stay and I paid $10 per session haha..dedication
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Happy Tears FTW! That's awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!